Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radio-aktivität
    • Jan 2011

thank you both Faust and Mrbeuys, a bedroom with clean sheets* and simple shower/toilet (not shared) indeed is all we need.
    and I’m afraid to say that the town hall with rates starting at about £165 might be too much already. I’d say that €100/room/night is what we can afford. it’s neither honeymoon nor holidays, we just want to hang around for 1 1/2 days and see that mysterious danish DJ

I also checked some privat bedrooms that are for rent. they as well start at about £150 if I do not want to live somewhere very remote.

*the girl will freak out if not, I however am more easy

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

100Euro in London does not go far. Good luck.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        100Euro in London does not go far. Good luck.
        Agree - £ 165 for TH Hotel seems pretty decent actually. I remember being in real shitty hotels here 15 years ago and paying £ 80. Try airbnb.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
          • Jan 2011

so we are staying at Malmaison (next to Fabric, literally) for 90£ (some sunday special), which means we must pay at least 75£ at their Brasserie to get a room for 15£. I have actually no idea what happens if we don’t (we might want to have dinner somewhere in the city), but let’s see. this is all adventure anyway.

if all else fails, I’ll tell you the story of the two well-dressed parkbench sleeping hobos.

anybody SZ-related going to Trentemøller as well?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I know BECOMING-INTENSE is a fan, but he splits his time between Copenhagen and London.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• radio-aktivität
              • Jan 2011

So we’re back and had a beautiful time over there, although we initially were very confused about the thousands of crazy brits celebrating the Queen’s jubilee. We didn’t know about the four-day-celebrations and were a bit lost in that huge mess. Anyway, what a nice weekend we had.

What I think about the Malmaison Hotel: very reasonable sunday-evening-arrangement (consisting of 75£ good/drink and, if you did so, 15£ room) and a very clean, yet not very tasteful environment. But I guess that’s the case with every modern lifestyle-hotel: their loungy tasteless shit interior just sucks.

And fabric: Trente played a good set, BUT oh lord, the crowd. A door policy simply did not exist. Every douchebag around could happily walk in, and they did so. Totally not recommendable, if you ask me. But, again: Trente’s set was nice, as was the location. The people around just pissed me off —*not so much my friend, she didn’t care a lot.

But well, I did, but that is another story. Maybe I should lower my expectations towards party crowds in DJ-mag-features techno clubs. …

Major disappointment: queensize bed kept us from checking out the RO boutique.

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
                Maybe I should lower my expectations towards party crowds in DJ-mag-features techno clubs. …
                I totally agree, Fabric and the likes are only tolerable as long as you don't give a fuck about anything...
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• josecc
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
                  Moving to London this autumn to study and will be staying for a year. I've been offered (quite expensive) student accommodation, and I'm not sure whether to accept or not. Anyone know how much I should expect to pay for a decent room a week/month if I want to live fairly close to LSE?
                  Congratulations for the offer. I have a friend who study two years ago a master course at LSE, and for him the university accommodation is the best among the options available near the university. But if you are quite flexible, there are cheaper options about 10-30 minutes from the university (using public transport) and obviously shared with other students.
                  But I encourage you to start the searching now.

Comment

• coup de grace
                    x
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
                    Major disappointment: queensize bed kept us from checking out the RO boutique.
                    what?

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
                      what?
                      slept too long
                      must go there alone next time.

Comment

• shah
                        • Jul 2009

just wanted to say thanks for the recs in this thread, tried Albion which was tasty and St John's Bread & Wine which was also very delicious !

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

We are looking for a venue in London to throw a launch party for volume 3 of StyleZeitgeist magazine mid-October. If you have any leads, please PM me (or info@sz-mag.com).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

Does anyone know the name or specific location of a tailor on lower Sloane Street that apparently is very familiar with CCP garments and can do overlock stitching, etc... Ring any bells to anyone?

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                              • Mar 2008

I think Eton97 has the details.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                                • Feb 2010

Gentlemen,

I am moving to London next year in February and since some of you are living there I wanted to ask which districts should I have a closer look to for finding a place to live.

I am moving from Berlin and people who have been in Berlin know the district Mitte with it´s art scene, great bars, cool people and so on...

I am looking for something similar, in other words: which district is the Berlin Mitte in London? :D

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎