Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kowei
    • Jul 2010

I'd love to see Simons at Dior to face Hedi Slimane. 2 big French houses. 2 menswear designers who used to be called "rivals" in the past. LVMH vs PPR.

But I'm not really sure Slimane is able to design womenswear. His idea of fashion was more "playing with genders", or translate his menswear for women. What could suit him in my opinion is a show with both genders, like the "séances de travail" Helmut Lang used to do, without any real difference in term of global esthetic between men and women.

Still pretty exciting. I love fashion

Comment

• Urthwhyte
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
      I'm almost scared to be excited to then be disappointed. It's like...Seinfeld for me; I'd love for it to start up again (because it was so epic), but then I'd be scared to have my flawless memory of it tarnished if it were to fail. Maybe it's best left as an untouched memory (says my risk-adverse personality).
      Seeing Seinfeld restarted would kill me - Curb Your Enthusiasm fills the niche, no need to ruin everyone's memories.

As someone who was still very young when Slimane began his reign at Dior and was really only cognizant of the last few years, this has been some of the most exciting fashion related news I have ever been privy to. Comebacks are rare, but I think if anyone is to do it it will be him

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I don't like these talks of facing off (Suzy Menkes said the same). Can't they just do their work? What is this, some fashion duel?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mike
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          I don't like these talks of facing off (Suzy Menkes said the same). Can't they just do their work? What is this, some fashunz duel?
          what are people gonna blog about then?

but echoing what was said above; i dont see him designing anything which will even be close to the same level as og dior.

Comment

• kowei
            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I don't like these talks of facing off (Suzy Menkes said the same). Can't they just do their work? What is this, some fashion duel?
            They both had similarities in their fashion, but yes I think that "rivalry" has been invented by journalists because it happened that they were on top of their game at the same time. Still, I think having someone like Simons/Hedi taking the same position as you is quite moving and strain you to give the best you can. Of course I played Pokémon a lot during my childhood.

Comment

• Zenith
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
              all these big houses shuffling around the big names... just waiting for someone new to get a chance...
              Was thinking this...also what exactly was the long wait for anyway? All he's done since parting ways with Dior has been photographing lady gaga and taking monochrome photos of surfers (yes I'm sure he's done other things..). I was under the impression that he was preparing to do his own label rather than work for a house again

Comment

• mike
                • Dec 2006

im sure he had it in his mind where and how he wanted to stage his comeback. i read in a fairly recent interview that he could only see himself designing under the context of a big house with tradition, or something along those lines. other wise he would just consider making a jeans line. :S

Comment

who doesn't fancy the idea of slimane cut jeans?

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                    • Jan 2008

^Me, but it will be great to see him back to what he does best,
                    as his photography was never that interesting.

Though I have similar hope as Fuuma.
                    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• elephantstone
                      • Jan 2011

More curious to see how he approaches the women's line....

try not to be too excited upon hearing the news but who am I kidding, it's Hedi....

With Plokhov Hedi and Jil back, some good years ahead

Comment

• mike
                        • Dec 2006

i wonder if the menswear will end up being an after thought

Comment

• trendy_dandy
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by safeword123 View Post
                          so that means Raf won't go to YSL sorry, i know it is off topic...
                          sorry off topic too, raf for dior

AnywAYS hedi is back!

Comment

• Pumpfish
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by elephantstone View Post
                            With Plokhov Hedi and Jil back, some good years ahead

I don't agree. In each case they have to prove themselves again.

What they achieved in the past is, for the most part, trapped in time. Fond memories. Nostalgia circuit.

If they are to be important again, they will have to do something new.
                            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

Soon we can all reminisce over how Hedi really only had 3 great collections.

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                                Soon we can all reminisce over how Hedi really only had 3 great collections.
                                agreed
                                2 more than Rick though
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎