• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    Wow

The story how Marc Jacobs has been copying the work of a talented young designer named Angel Barta since 2008. Read and share the truth.

Doctor?
    That seems like a text book case of erotomania.

"Erotomania is a type of delusion in which the affected person believes that another person, usually a stranger, high-status or famous person, is in love with him or her. The illness often occurs during psychosis, especially in patients with schizophrenia, delusional disorder or bipolar mania.[1] During an erotomanic episode, the patient believes that a secret admirer is declaring his or her affection to the patient, often by special glances, signals, telepathy, or messages through the media.

Usually the patient then returns the perceived affection by means of letters, phone calls, gifts, and visits to the unwitting recipient. Even though these advances are unexpected and often unwanted, any denial of affection by the object of this delusional love is dismissed by the patient as a ploy to conceal the forbidden love from the rest of the world."

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
      What Rick Owens is listening to is more interesting than new collections by anyone except Rick Owens. No surprise, still WTF.
      and even less interesting, less surprising and still WTF, is your constant whining on this site.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Well, he does have a point. Would have been better if he contributed instead, of course.
        EDIT: He actually did! Thank you, DRRRk for prosit the Ann collection.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
          • Aug 2009

Shucks, you are one of three suspects that were on my list for the first reply. Rick Owens is just a fashion designer, no? No need to defend every move he makes or take every negative comment personal. That, and I am sure more than my criticism of hype/ herd mentality/ fanboy-ism that I associate with far more serious things than a designer uniform, is more constant and frequent than my posts.

Edit: Faust, you're welcome. Diversity is a must.
          Last edited by DRRRK; 02-28-2014, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

edit.

let me try to be more constructive, since that is also what i want to preach:

to be honest, i agree with the need for diversity here, and i actually do appreciate your willingness to go against the grain. even if it may not look like it from my choice of esthetics (which are becoming more and more mainstream every day), questioning status quo is something i feel is very important and generally admire those with the cojones to do it.

that said, what kind of reaction are you hoping for when you post a post like the one above? if you are trying to piss random people off, or confuse them, then that’s the right way to go about it. if you are hoping to change someone’s behavior, there are more efficient ways to do it.

you did not specify which individuals you are addressing, nor what specific behavior they/we are involved in which you want them/us to change, nor explain why that should also be important to them/us, nor how you would like them/us to behave. these are all key aspects to include in communication which is meant to change behavior.

also, there is the ‘leading by good example’ thing. faust is right - yes, you recently posted the ann collection and that is great (unfortunately it happened to be one of the most lackluster ones this season, which is probably PART of why it got so little attention...). i would be very happy if you please keep commenting and disagreeing strongly with things also in the future – but can you please try to do it with in a less snarky way? i think that would help show people how an intelligent conversation about fashion should look and we might then have less of the ‘where 2 kop’ / ‘omg killer fit - that’s all.’-type posts which i am frankly just as sick of as you, even if i maybe never reach dizzying intellectual heights in my own contributions and may be quite snooty myself at times. i also know it doesn't really help me get the results i want.

unfortunately i can’t really solve the inbalance between owens-content and non-owens content on the site, especially since i happen to be in the owens camp, but even i have noticed it and would like to see a change there. (i chime in where i feel i have something more or less relevant to say.) it is enjoyable to see other perspectives here, even if i know my personal preferences. that’s also why i take the time to write all this – you are a long-time member here with a lot of knowledge and your own perspective on things – that makes you one of the people who is likely to be very well suited to add some of that which is underrepresented at the moment and it would be great if you would take the time to do it.
            Last edited by Shucks; 02-28-2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Atomine
              • Jul 2012

380 bucks for a T-shirt isn't normal, but on Stylezeitgeist it is.
              Stylezeitgeist not even once.

Comment

• jumpoff
                • Jan 2008

item - username synergy

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                  edit.
                  Noted and agreed.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

Comment

• blackfedora
                      • Jan 2012

^ And on the centennial too.

Comment

• schuur
                        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by noumenos
                        ha that got me for a second, just a listing error though

Comment

• bukka
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Trouble
                          This has got to be one of the most psycho things I've seen on the internet

The main contender being that one Buffy the Vampire Slayer "fan" board where the only existing member made 40K+ posts talking to themself over a span of 6+ years
                          link or it didn't happen
                          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Trouble
                            This has got to be one of the most psycho things I've seen on the internet

The main contender being that one Buffy the Vampire Slayer "fan" board where the only existing member made 40K+ posts talking to themself over a span of 6+ years
                            that guy is autistic, i don't really think its appropriate to make fun.

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                              Doesn't stop the people who made a whole wiki about chris-chan. And most of the behaviour anyone ridicules probably springs from issues which could be medicalised. The moral would end up being: don't make fun of anyone. Which is probably a good moral, but none of us will ever live up to it.

But yeah, probably kinder not to point and laugh at people's suffering, in general.
                              i don't agree. i find no problem making fun of people who aren't diagnosed with mental disabilities.

and that was a different board than i was thinking of, the one i was thinking of was video game related, and wasn't a woman posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎