Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

I'm very sorry, I misunderstood what you wrote.

And no, I do not support rip offs, although I feel it's an intriguing subject to discuss and I find some members' preoccupation with avoiding to talk about them/instantly dismissing their value rather funny. This is exemplified by the whole 'DELETE ALL LINKS NOW!' approach that is taken. It was only last page that we were talking about taboos...
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

dude, i don't even know where to start. u think generating traffic to counterfeiters helps the sz community maintain a good relationship with retailers and designers?

but fine, let me revise: lowrey, how about deleting michael kard while u are at it?

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

It's obvious that if those links are provided it's not to promote counterfeits but rather to criticize, critically assess what's happening, and DISCUSS. Now, I understand that to an extent this comes with its own set of problems (such as, as you say, generate traffic), but just deleting infromation (or banning members who choose to talk about it) off the face of the earth as if it doesn't exist is just as problematic too.

Essentially, you're promoting the censorhip of information. Nuff said.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
          It's obvious that if those links are provided it's not to promote counterfeits but rather to criticize, critically assess what's happening, and DISCUSS. Now, I understand that to an extent this comes with its own set of problems (such as, as you say, generate traffic), but just deleting infromation (or banning members who choose to talk about it) off the face of the earth as if it doesn't exist is just as problematic too.

Essentially, you're promoting the censorhip of information. Nuff said.
          Critically assess? We don't need to analyze this shit any further to realize its foul. I see Shuck's point, the more its discussed the visibility it gets. So no, I don't see any problem in censoring this type of content.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• KingJulien
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
            I have had a pair for 3 years, worn around 3 days a week. Go to shoe for comfort and apparently indestructible. Not sure where you are getting your reports, but I suggest you try for yourself.
            Originally posted by Castor View Post
            Rick sneaks are probably the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever owned. After hobbling down the street one too many times, I sold them and never looked back. The insole is hard and the sole itself has no flex, so be prepared to walk like Frankenstein for the first several months.
            There's also some pics over in the designer thread of the sneakers shredding along the seam. Like I said though, I haven't tried them, I'd just be really skeptical about dropping $600 on a pair. Apparently Michael Kard was talking about fake leather jackets though, which is a much worse idea in my opinion, so this is sorta irrelevant.

Comment

• theconsumer
              • Feb 2009

Well, delete theconsumer as well.

I would prefer not to participate in a forum where fakes cannot even be mentioned in a fucking WTF thread, lest the retailers and designers withdraw their support. I think it's more like people on this forum supporting designers and retailers, not the reverse.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
              dude, i don't even know where to start. u think generating traffic to counterfeiters helps the sz community maintain a good relationship with retailers and designers?

but fine, let me revise: lowrey, how about deleting michael kard while u are at it?

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

u can talk about fakes as much as u want. but dont fucking link to counterfeiters cause that's just plain dumbassness.

Comment

• theconsumer
                  • Feb 2009

As for visibility issue: I found the forum with poor souls copping their yawnz via completely unrelated google search and posted it here for the lulz. That foul place was clearly inspired by SZ, but not because anyone was discussing fakes here. Whole SZ and WAYWT thread in particular are causes here: it shows clothes which other people will covet and helps so-called alternative fashion become more known. This will spread the demand, visibility and market for fakes, no way around that.

OTOH, knowing what fakes look like, how common they are and pointing out how they look compared to the real thing might save someone from buying fake pants over eBay. Knowing that they are invariably connected to some exploitation enterprise will help somebody not buy them. But you have to discuss this shit, not sweep it under the carpet so it wouldn't smell bad.

As for not not discussing it because it's foul: let's not talk about how the act of buying a iPhone made in China is just as supportive of slave labour as buying a fake designer item is. It's foul, so let's not talk about it.

And finally, fashion is fake authenticity

Comment

• theconsumer
                    • Feb 2009

It was alink to a general fashion forum, like this one, not to the counterfeiters site. It was interesting because it was like a distorted mirror image of things here. Funny, but disturbing reflection. And fake CCP was a WTF moment for me.

In any case, mea culpa, just not feeling guilty about it.

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                    u can talk about fakes as much as u want. but dont fucking link to counterfeiters cause that's just plain dumbassness.

Comment

• gavagai
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                      If I ever come up with a genius idea about a jacket design I'll definitely use those guys. A made to measure leather for 230 shipped? Absolute bargain.
                      BSR, your defense of this is idiotic. I can read but you fail to understand. Supporting a counterfeiting outfit wouldn't qualify as support?

In a number of threads you make ridiculous post and claims but when questioned on rational/reasoning you go quiet.

The fact that you defend Kard and he then rips you shows that you both have trouble following even the most basic of discussions
                      Last edited by gavagai; 02-02-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

This thread is becoming a WTF on its own.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theconsumer
                          • Feb 2009

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                              • Oct 2011

Now we're back on track