• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by HWith View Post
    ^
    The way he put it was quite blunt, but you can't really disagree, can you?

i dunno. this particular time it just pissed me off. how he said it. raw seems genuine. so point him in the right direction, don't tell him he has to go home. i just think life is a giant shit sandwich and its mean to rob people of their tiny little happiness
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Lane
      • Aug 2010

I feel you, but with that video this is getting way too melodramatic. I mean some random internet dweeb saying something like that to you shouldn't impact your life whatsoever.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

well the video was supposed to be a funny, over the top way to make a point. but i see what ur saying and now i'm done. and also, i think i am depressed for real which is impairing my judgment.

oh and it is a photo of gacy as pogo the clown

Comment

• Lane
          • Aug 2010

yah, unfortunately when one is depressed the negative one faces is greatly enhanced, and becomes more apparent than usual. You take things too seriously when in the end it should be brushed off like anything else. As every emotion is always fleeting (even happiness).

shit, I like posting depressing shit

err, I always feel this is patrionizing, but feel better dude (lol)

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

i don't want to jump on the prick parade but raw's clothes rarely look like they fit

Comment

• CHRIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Lane View Post
              I feel you, but with that video this is getting way too melodramatic. I mean some random internet dweeb saying something like that to you shouldn't impact your life whatsoever.
              people post pictures here because it makes them feel good, somehow. everyone wants to feel good. cuntish comments may not impact someone's life, no, but it might make them feel really, really shitty about themselves. and why would anyone want to impart that kind of feeling on another (anonymous) person for no reason? it isn't really just a picture. it's... him.

raw's clothes don't really fit all that great, but... whatever. changing his style isn't gonna impact my life either.

Comment

• HWith
                • May 2007

Sure, most things will look good on someone tall and skinny, but even though you aren't built like that you can still find clothes that will look good. I dunno if Raw should try some oversized tailored pieces like Yohji Yamamoto or something, and to be honest I don't really have many suggestions. I'm not a stylist and I don't want to change his style. I wouldn't even comment on the fit if it wasn't for the small uprising sparked by the initial rude comment, but you can't really ignore the fact that once you wear clothes, they're supposed to be worn (fit) well - that's the point of CLOTHES. You may very well admire a piece, but if you buy it and aren't going to frame it and hang it on the wall, then how it looks worn is an essential part of it, no matter if it 'speaks to you' or whatever.

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                ^ yes and no -- MOST if not ALL designer clothing will look better on someone tall and skinny like merz or ab&s. of course its not without exception.

a wrestler or anyone with a thicker build whether its muscle or fat will probably not look quite the same as a model in the same clothes -- this doesn't mean you can't wear the clothing right?
                if the clothing speaks to you... you can't just only wear gym shorts and wife beaters just because thats the only that looks good right?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

i don't have a problem with this latest of raw's fits however the spiral facial distortion thing he is so partial too adds an unnecessarily grotesque element that goes counter to the clean and simple looks he gravitates toward. maybe a different style of photography and a different angle - possibly something like a top down shot lane used in his recent pic - coupled with a less grating means of self-disguise may help if praise is the desired reaction. i totally disagree that the clothes aren't made for him although i don't think the outfit in question is particularly noteworthy. not sure if anyone can do this ensemble proverbial justice.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• CHRIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

yes, yohji! damir? comme? i dunno, that's the thing. i think he'd be better off with volume too. but i'm not trying to turn him into my little asian ken doll

if someone told me to start wearing something just because they figured it would suit me better i'd tell them to eat my ass with a .925 spoon

(jk, i'd basically only direct that to aphex)

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

no doubt raw has struggled to find clothes that suit his body type and i think people have made suggestions in the past. i think i even suggested looser, tailored stuff as well like yohji, ann dem, cdg, harnden etc. but my point to OP was just to say something like "hey man those clothes don't really suit your body type". not "YOU WILL NEVER EVER EVER LOOK GOOD IN FASHUNZ SO QUIT TRYING LOSER".

although in this particular instance i think he looks fine. i love all the pieces he chose and they seem to suit him just fine...

whatever u do raw stay away from shrinkwrap

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Even so, Christ, fellows, this is a fashion forum, not a goddamned mosh pit. SZ used to just ignore fits "it" didn't like. What happened?
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                          Even so, Christ, fellows, this is a fashion forum, not a goddamned mosh pit. SZ used to just ignore fits "it" didn't like. What happened?

greek crisis
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• HWith
                            • May 2007

So you can only comment on fits that you like?
                            As I said earlier, I agree that the initial comment was too blunt, but he had a point which was later discussed in a more civilized manner. The latter is always a good thing in my opinion.

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

Euro crisis...

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                              greek crisis
                              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

Raw's fit is fine and def doesn't deserve the type of attention it's receiving. It's not remarkable by any means but it certainly is not bad,also by any means.

Some people just seem to be magnets for hate.... and some for love.

I'm just curious how much passion would have been evoked if the critics were unaware of the labels and cost involved? The vibe I got from the original comment seemed to be:
                                'you are not worthy of these clothez'.... which is indeed hurtful and ultimately not true.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎