• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gregor View Post
    casem with you on uc quality. i find that nn and even the soloist (aa tees lol) really aren't top notch quality, but then again, that's not why i buy them.

i think that the references and personal touch you find in those brands is what really makes it. even if it's just a graphic, some of the stuff is so well done and relevant that it's impossible not to love. who else does such justice to the jesus and mary chain or can? they're such a great zeitgeist of pop culture, which is what i love. i still begrudge uc for their uniqlo stuff (the antithesis of what uc is to me), but they are all brilliant designers.

anyway, as far as the forums; forums are hard work. i know that sounds a bit daft but most people don't have the drive or intellect to have a genuine, lengthy discussion, or participate as part of a community, which forums are. it's so much easier and more instantly gratifying to just post something for likes on instagram. it's not just on stylezeitgeist, most of the best forums have died down because of it.
    This. Blame the audience. Anyway, I think we, or SuFu or StyleForum, are far from dying down. The people who are genuinely interested in fashion on a deep level have always been a minority but they will always be there. So, I am not really concerned about that. Forums, unlike some twat Instagram "influencers" also have the reputation for authenticity, so they will continue to be an inspiration and a place of community. Nothing can replicate that.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pumpfish
      • Sep 2010

I'm increasingly convinced that jeans only look good on women. And young boys.

Ok. I'll roll back and say, most women can look good in jeans. Few men can.

It's anatomical.
      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• gregor
        • Oct 2014

i don't think there's a single stupider bit of tagging than the old rick drkshdw strap/cord thing. cut it off a pair of jeans after it ended up in the toilet one too many times.

Comment

• newp
          • Feb 2013

But it's supposed to be inside the jeans, not outside.

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by gregor View Post
            i don't think there's a single stupider bit of tagging than the old rick drkshdw strap/cord thing. cut it off a pair of jeans after it ended up in the toilet one too many times.
            Once is too many times :(
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by newp View Post
              But it's supposed to be inside the jeans, not outside.
              Somehow intending the 14 inch ribbon to be inside consistently wrapping around your leg / tickling your nether zones is even dumber than hanging it outside to me.

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

i cut that off of every drkshdw piece i ever bought right when i got it. i thought that was the idea...
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• jhonathanwaters
                  • Jun 2016

Wondering why packaged shirts are always out of my fit

Comment

• stagename
                    • Oct 2011

I haven't seen this anywhere yet ...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Los Angeles - where bad fashion goes to die.

MADE LA PRESENTS A SPECIAL PERFORMANCE
                      BY HOOD BY AIR AND MUSIC ARTIST YVES TUMOR

Hood By Air Collection Available For Pre-Order Immediately Following The Performance

LOS ANGELES (June 6, 2016) – MADE announced that Hood By Air will present a special performance by music artist Yves Tumor on Saturday, June 11th at MADE LA, the two-day fashion, music and cultural event. Following the performance, a range of items from the Hood By Air Fall/Winter 2016 Collection will be immediately available for pre-order on www.hoodbyair.com, with additional product available at "The Stores" at MADE LA.

Tickets for the MADE LA x Hood By Air performance event, which blend the quintessential elements of Hood By Air—performance, fashion, music and art—will be on sale starting today and can be purchased only at la.ma.de.

Passes are available for the Moschino Men's Spring Summer 2017 and Women's Resort Collection + After Party here.

Passes are available for the Golf Wang 2016 presentation by Tyler, the Creator here.

Passes are available for "The Stores" here.

MADE LA is a partnership between WME | IMG and AEG and will take place at L.A. LIVE's Event Deck.

Current MADE LA Schedule:
                      Friday, June 10, 2016
                      5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Ford "Fusion Labs" Preview
                      6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.: "The Stores" at MADE LA
                      7:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.: MOSCHINO Men's Spring Summer 2017 and Women's Resort Collection + After Party

Saturday, June 11, 2016
                      3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: "The Stores" at MADE LA
                      5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Hood By Air Presents: YVES TUMOR
                      6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.: "The Stores" at MADE LA
                      9:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.: Golf Wang 2016 Collection and Live Experience by Tyler, The Creator
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• NOHSAD
                        • Nov 2014

"Resort" Collections, what the fuck is up with this? I've recently started to see more and more designers releasing these sort of collection and i'm here thinking to myself that why the fuck do we need add one more shit to the fashion cycle.
                        "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

Correct me if I'm wrong, but resort collections used to be summer/spring clothing released during the colder months, so rich people who'd go on vacation in tropical places in winter could buy something to wear then. There are still roch people around, so why stop?
                          Last edited by Nickefuge; 06-07-2016, 06:24 PM.
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Arkady
                            • Apr 2011

Well, and it's much easier to buy into the jetset bourgeoisie mindset nowadays. No travel agent necessary -- so by extension the audience for these collections has expanded rather than shrunk.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by NOHSAD View Post
                              "Resort" Collections, what the fuck is up with this? I've recently started to see more and more designers releasing these sort of collection and i'm here thinking to myself that why the fuck do we need add one more shit to the fashion cycle.
                              Resort and Pre-Collection sit on the shelves longer than SS and FW due to delivery dates, so they end up doing a great deal of profit for many houses as they take much longer to go on sale as well.
                              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by NOHSAD View Post
                                Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                                Correct me if I'm wrong, but resort collections used to be summer/spring clothing released during the colder months, so rich people who'd go on vacation in tropical places in winter could buy something to wear then. There are still roch people around, so why stop?
                                Unfortunately, you two have been behind the times at least 5 years or so. What used to be called resort, and indeed aimed at vacationing rich people, is now pre-collection or mid-season, or whatever you want to call it and is comprised of more basic pieces that sit longer on the shelves and are now the bread and butter of many big labels, sometimes accounting for as much as 70% of apparel sales. Basically what Ahimsa said.

Also, as you can see in cases of the biggest brands they allow them to stage a show of their own, standing apart from the rest of fashion, with exclusive media coverage.

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                                Resort and Pre-Collection sit on the shelves longer than SS and FW due to delivery dates, so they end up doing a great deal of profit for many houses as they take much longer to go on sale as well.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎