• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mamaboy View Post
    genet felt too gay for me.....but i never made an effort......but he liked bukowski.....russians do not get bukowski......they do not go behind drink and shit.....its hard to see "that little flame".....
    Absolutely not true. I've known plenty of Russians who get Bukowski. But let's face it, he is a minor writer.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Alesha
      • Apr 2009

Yana Rudkovskaya "Confessions of Kept Mistress"

Quite naturally I am only reading the back cover, and its only book within reach in my office. Mostly becouse I got it with invitation to the books presention.

I must admit that the back of the book contains all the best moments, including crouching barefeet Yana's photo, who looks a little too bad for her age and some kind of bla bla about difficult road to sucess.

Do not read.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Russian culture today is merely bad simulacra of the worst part of American culture.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Alesha
          • Apr 2009

I had the pleasure of discussing that with Matthew Brannon at the opening of his exhibition yesterday. Being a simulacrum it is very much self sufficient and sucks due to roots in Sovok, rather than being a reflection of worst part of american culture.

However Mass Culture in Russia is indeed a brainwash fluke of worst kind. Sickeningly so.
          Originally posted by interest1
          I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• survivrons
            • May 2009

the time machine, in the classics app on my friends iphone.

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

Monstrocity by Jeffrey Thomas.

Comment

• Aleks
                • Feb 2009

The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera

Comment

• mamaboy
                  • Mar 2008

..as witkin says:" i ll die printing"..... i say i ,with gods help of course , will die reading proust...or watching grey gardens ?.....or if my current passions will die before me ?.....i ll die surrounded by clothes and shoes bought under sz peer pressure..." ibo veschi perezhivaut nas "
                  but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Classique
                    • Apr 2008

"What Matters" by various photojournalists.

These photographers astound, me; Via, their concern for human welfare. Uncontrived, from newspaper editors and broadcast news media.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                      Haven't looked through this thread in quite a while. Did you enjoy No one belongs here more than you, Laika? I read it rather quickly a couple years ago and remember really liking it.
                      sorry for the late reply, Mona. I really loved it. She has an amazing rhythm to her writing that keeps bringing me back, even more so than the narratives. Like listening to music--i kept wanting to hum along or read it out loud.
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Vanna
                        • May 2008

About 60 pages into The Sound and the Fury and about 360 pages into The Brothers Karamazov.
                        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ 1-2 combo kill, how will you survive?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

^hahaha

Painting inbetween usually settles me down. Or is it the sniffing of the paints that does it?
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• qnc.hst
                              • Oct 2007

Just finished "You Can't Win" by Jack Black (not that one)... really great depiction of a life spent as a hobo/thief/prisoner/fugitive around the turn of the 19th century. Made me feel like slumming it... then didn't.

Also finished some Gogol short stories, all of which were great but man did I dig Taras Bulba.

Just started on some Voltaire writings, beginning with Zadig...

And still making my way through The Road to Reality VERRRRY slowly...

Man I am never gonna get to the bottom of any damn thing, am I?
                              I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

I just finished "Life Short, Rytkönen Long" by Arto Paasilina, and am about to start reading "Les Chants de Maldoror"

can't believe I didn't read this as a teenager, it would have made so much sense at the time. Has anyone read it ?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎