• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
    That's definitely a counterfeit from Olmar & Mirta.

Last update about the situation: She sent it back despite my explanations and links provided. Her ignorance left me utterly speechless. Am I the only person who wants to kill someone so bad for being so silly?
    If I saw her on the street, I'd punch her...and I have nothing to do with this situation.

She basically regretted buying something she probably couldn't afford and picked the only excuse she could to get her money back.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Rosenrot
      • Aug 2010

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. It did cross my mind that she no longer wants the cardigan thus the excuse. Times like these I really loathe Ebay's pro-buyer policies.
      Last edited by Rosenrot; 02-04-2012, 09:33 AM.
      Originally posted by Patroklus
      Better too adventurous than not enough
      everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
        i feel like it differs from rick because rick does make furniture now and while the leather boxes were out of place being sold alongside drop crotch sweatpants they make perfect sense sitting atop a rick table or next to a rick chair. so in the correct context i think the rick home goods make perfect sense as an extension of his universe. eventually rick will make entire rick homes and rick's universe will be materialized.
        ann has no excuse for selling that leather square.

Oh, come on.

I wasn't trying to justify it; I'm pointing out that if you romanticize something that is created to generate money and eventually gets consumed then you're setting yourself up to be a disappointed consumer. And that's generally what sounds like is going on here.

You make it sound like Rick makes office chairs for Ikea! Suggesting that the pieces he makes that pass as 'furniture' fits into the context of a leather square box that is supposed to 'hold things' is as bad as suggesting that since he makes shoes, it's justified to make beach towels (he does) because we all need shoes to get to the beach.

Names cease being simply 'names' after they become a 'brand.' That's just how the world works. Poell produced $400 bottle openers that were passed off as 'necklaces' and nobody gave a shit. Rick makes leather notebook holders and somehow that's OK with everyone. And socks (there's that damn shoe argument connection again) and has M&Ms sitting on the counter in his stores.

No, I'm not justifying anything. I'm just pointing out the reality of brands and the hypocrisy of consumerism and the sensitivity that go along with both.

If she hooked a chain to it and referred to it as a 'leather post-modern cumbersome necklace' people would probably buy it. The same way they bought a feather on a chain for $675 USD.

But OMG, ROTFLOL, it's an embossed leather paperweight. Now that is absurd!

I don't get mad at Radiohead selling coffee mugs or raincoats. Coffee mugs and raincoats have absolutely nothing to do with music. At all. But I'm sure if people try hard enough to connect them both to music, they can do it if it's a matter of justifying the 'ethos' or the 'authenticity' of the band.

We're not children who still believe in the Easter Bunny. It's OK to acknowledge that at the end of the day, much of what we discuss here boils down to the almighty dollar. I'm all for suspension of disbelief but there's nothing wrong with being reminded once in a while.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

As you say, at the end it's all about selling a product and that's fine. Still, that paperweight is a bad product. It's tasteless, uninspired, and aimed at a somewhat different market from her active fans, making branding the product's main feature.

It's like buying some shitty Mac product; you'd conclude that, yes, Mac failed on this one. That's what's happening with Ann, only it's not just a paperweight or two but rather her past three collections. (imo)
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. It did cross my mind that she no longer wants the cardigan thus the excuse. Times like these I really loathe Ebay's pro-buyer policies.
            this is what came to my mind right away

I'd report her ass to both paypal and ebay for a false claim, it probably won't help but I'd do it anyway.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
              As you say, at the end it's all about selling a product and that's fine. Still, that paperweight is a bad product. It's tasteless, uninspired, and aimed at a somewhat different market from her active fans, making branding the product's main feature.
              So you're saying that if the paperweight was a necklace, it would be your favorite piece of the line and would match your napkin holder?

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

I don't understand exactly what you're asking here. And please try to actually address what I have written, as opposed to what you're thinking - I never wrote about a necklace or napkin holder.

Anyway, what you wrote earlier is in my humble opinion very true BUT, even though Ann is a commercial venture, this does not mean she can produce low quality products like these and not receive my or anyone else's disapproval. Doesn't that make sense?
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

So you're saying you'd like the paperweight as a necklace but only if it's 'quality' was better?

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Comment

• edhohoho
                      • Jan 2011

Last update about the situation: She sent it back despite my explanations and links provided. Her ignorance left me utterly speechless. Am I the only person who wants to kill someone so bad for being so silly?
                      Wow, eBay has changed over the recent years as I remember it was a bit more favorable to be a seller than a buyer in the past in terms response to claims and enforcibility of the rules and whatnot.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I'm sure it's just an excuse because she reneged on another item. Obviously she didn't want to hear the case or have it settled by eBay since she immediately sent the item back. Just block her in the future. And perhaps just suck it up for now, be nice and civil, convince her to leave positive feedback despite the change of heart, and then let her have it with a negative feedback for her idiocy and ignorance. Who knows, maybe when you relist the item, it may sell for higher...that is occasionally my experience in the past.

Comment

• theconsumer
                        • Feb 2009

Problem with that paperweight is that it's just the branding and little else. As opposed to e.g. this reissue of her old design:

But it should be clear to anyone that both pieces have Ann Dem logo and are consumer products, not soul palliatives.

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by edhohoho View Post
                          Wow, eBay has changed over the recent years as I remember it was a bit more favorable to be a seller than a buyer in the past in terms response to claims and enforcibility of the rules and whatnot.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I'm sure it's just an excuse because she reneged on another item. Obviously she didn't want to hear the case or have it settled by eBay since she immediately sent the item back. Just block her in the future. And perhaps just suck it up for now, be nice and civil, convince her to leave positive feedback despite the change of heart, and then let her have it with a negative feedback for her idiocy and ignorance. Who knows, maybe when you relist the item, it may sell for higher...that is occasionally my experience in the past.
                          Sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore.

Comment

• KingJulien
                            • Oct 2011

Pretty sure this is it. Probably didn't fit or she changed her mind and came up with some bullshit she knew she'd get away with. I saw an article a few weeks ago where someone sold a $2,000 violin (officially certified) and paypal had the buyer smash it into pieces because he decided it was a fake. At least you'll get the item back and are only out shipping.

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                            If I saw her on the street, I'd punch her...and I have nothing to do with this situation.

She basically regretted buying something she probably couldn't afford and picked the only excuse she could to get her money back.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Yeah, I agree, it's just an excuse. I cannot believe Ebay won't do anything about it - its' clearly an abuse of their generous policies towards buyers.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• edhohoho
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                                Sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore.
                                Really? Even if there is a non-paying bidder? Thanks for the update. Haven't sold on eBay since 2008.

Then again, buyers should be protected as I recall buying a fake Burberry leather jacket several years ago, and PayPal decided to side with the seller even though the tags said "Burberry's" and looked nothing like a genuine Burberry product (cheap materials and construction, etc.). Luckily the guy used his school e-mail address for PayPal and I threatened to report him to campus authorities and school officials. Sometimes you gotta fight dirty...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎