Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Just saw these images online. All I could do was laugh. As Faust says, he has a clear set aesthetic, which makes me wonder why didn't he just launch an eponymous line? The only thing differing in these ads is the logo.
    Only time will tell if he has the capacity to do the job at YSL, without turning it into a Dior of the noughties.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

According to Twitter, the last picture is firt of 15 images serie.

THIS INTRODUCTORY SERIES OF 15 IMAGES WILL BE A PORTRAITURE CAMPAIGN
      THE FIRST FASHION CAMPAIGN FROM SAINT LAURENT WILL BE UNVEILED IN DECEMBER 2012

Comment

• Hiddenaway
        • Jan 2012

Maybe I'm in the minority but I hope he doesn't change a thing from what he was doing at Dior. I still pour over those collections on a regular basis and if this coming SL collection is anything close to his AW07 showing for Dior, I'll be a happy camper.
        To me, the whole 'rock n' roll' aesthetic will never go out of fashion and Hedi was the best at it. So judging from the campaign images (I love the band Girls as well), I'm excited.

Comment

• mike
          • Dec 2006

LOL @ portraiture campaign
          i like dior more than most, and will probably end up purchasing a fair amount of saint laurent, but this just seems lazy.
          you know he was just scrolling through his website and thinking, i bet i could use the leftover images for something...

Comment

• mike
            • Dec 2006

"SAINT LAURENT VERMEIL"- A CLASSIC AND MODERNIST UNISEX COLLECTION OF SILVER AND GOLD JEWELRY DESIGNED BY HEDI SLIMANE

Comment

• Crowzer
              • Feb 2011

Let's continue with a new picture:

"PARIS" ESCARPINS ARE PART OF THE ICONIC VOCABULARY AND HISTORY OF SAINT LAURENT
              3/15

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Put that in color and it might be another run of the mill sex-sells Gucci campaign.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Crowzer
                  • Feb 2011

Some photography by Slimane for Vogue Hommes Japan.

Comment

• mike
                    • Dec 2006

it's so weird how her torso is lost in the background; looks like floating legs. either way this is quite unimpressive :(

Comment

• hurricane08
                      • Nov 2008

I like the new name and i think i'm the only one who like this "Saint Laurent".It was like a divorce with all that ysl hype i guess (?) or just the biggest change,but that's all .Slimane can't change everything ,i mean it's a big house and he won't be more unpredictable imo .

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

So, I heard this will suck. Not surprised.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

it seems as well, seems like Hedi did not notice what happened in fashion while he was gone.
                          Sorry, what happened? I might have missed that too.
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            Sorry, what happened? I might have missed that too.

I have to say though, if you look at Dior's heyday collections 2001-2005, I don't think you'd wear much of it today. The pants, for one, had gotten much slimmer. The skinny silhouette that he pushed wasn't as evident in those days as what fashion mythology has made it to be.

So, yeah, Rick happened! That's true. Probably the biggest seismic shift after Hedi.

Yes, Eternal, THOSE kind of buyers said that. High-end Topshop is what I heard. Which makes total sense, because Topshop made their business by knocking off Dior Homme.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mike
                              • Dec 2006

damn sounds like a continuation of 05ss rather than the 01-02 or 06aw i was hoping for.

Comment

• Hiddenaway
                                • Jan 2012

I definitely agree about some of his older collections, especially Luster (which I didn't really like at the time anyway) but I would totally wear everything (and still do) from AW04.

Also agree about Rick.

I kind of think Rick is a good example of why YSL would want to bring someone like Hedi back, actually. They both cater or have catered, to a wide audience. Of all age groups. Both can provide the type of attitude and clothing that appeals to 25 year olds all the way to 55 year olds, which I think is a hard feat now a days. When I think of Rick, I think street-grunge-glamour (or you know, glunge). I also think the same thing of Hedi and if he were to pick up where he left off (with AW07), for men, it could do very very well. I would say his fans are still out there and just chomping at the bit to see his clothes again, myself included.

Haha, I have to say though, high-end topshop is definitely not what I want to hear as a hint toward his clothing, so I hope that's a bit off.

I guess I'm just of the notion, that I'd like to see some early 2000's Hedi designs back on the market. Everyone seems to be doing this uber modern crap that looks flat and cheap. There's not much soul anymore and at least if Hedi sticks to what he does best, it will be believable and, himself. Even Rick hasn't changed too much, he's just evolved. I give Hedi credit that he can do the same.
                                But we shall see. I'm at least hopeful. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎