X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbydesign
    • Sep 2010

Thanks Rilu. Glad you like it.

The Devoa boots I'm wearing at in the middle of this thread, hanging. The photo here will look much better than anything I take with my ghetto camera. :)

BTW-I think they'd go well with many of the outfits you wear. Huge exaggerated toe and heel, but really nice and add tremendous character to various outfits if styled right.

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

^^Ah, bummer....vege friendly Devoa shoes might be hard to come by...

Good news is you have more options being female. Mens shoes are pretty limited in materials used.

Shoes with dried tofu squares as heels! Werd! :)

Comment

• syed
        • Sep 2010

Silent & Buttero

darkbydesign that dress is awesome.
        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Darkbydesign, awesome! Jona's west works well with dress, and here is a whole range of winter outfits you can create in this inaisce+long pattern fusion.

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

Thx Jin.

If it were up to me I'd own just about everything Jona makes! :) I love the fits and geometric structure involved in his pieces.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Jin View Post
              Darkbydesign, awesome! Jona's west works well with dress, and here is a whole range of winter outfits you can create in this inaisce+long pattern fusion.
              DarkByDesign,

I really like seeing the InAisce vest used as a "modular" piece for layering under coats of the same or contrasting fabrics.

I appreciate the verticality of the ensemble. However, something about the silhouette startles*; perhaps it's the incongruity of the bald head with the vest closed tightly (and as such reminiscent of the feminine qi pao), muscular arms, the a-line skirt, and the exaggerated shape of the boot. Still, the lines are clean and elegant adding an edge of severity that prevents the look from veering into total womenswear territory...

What does the "dress" look like on top? How would the composition look with the vest worn more loosely?

I like the enthusiasm of your recent contributions!

MBD

* I prefer to be surprised over startled, though startling may be fine in certain circumstances, natch.
              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

DxD, the last fit is incredible. I love how the dress complements your body shape, it's like a statue. One of my favorites from this thread for sure.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• christianef
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                  In addition, I don't think that any of the designers discussed here has the Renaissance/classical definition of beauty in mind when designing.
                  lol +1 the average julius models physique falls somewhere between a 12 year old girl and an h'd out keith richards - which i think looks fine but doesnt bode well for an argument promoting an active lifestyle since the fuck when do models look even remotely healthy.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                    • Nov 2008

I don't need no make up
                    I got real scars
                    I got hair on my chest
                    I look good without a shirt

Well I don't lose my composure
                    In a high speed chase
                    Well my friends think I'm ugly
                    I got a masculine face
                    Originally posted by philip nod
                    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• lmaozedong
                      • Jan 2010

Nice jeans, syed ;)

Comment

• copacetic
                        • Nov 2010

want to clarify my position because the words "nazi" and "eugenics" have been thrown out there. (which is tiresome.)

i think that certain garments are designed for a certain physique. that julius top is not designed for an obese person, for example. there are garments, though, that would work an overweight body type.

it's about finding a match between body type and a garment that matches that body type.

i agree with kunk inasmuch that you have to be in good shape (or have very low body fat) for certain garments to flatter your body. and, i'd say, for example, that if you're not in shape, a lot a rick owens won't look good on you. if you have a gut, don't wear rick. he's not designing for you in mind. same with m.a+.

however, don't tell me that being fat is all hunky-dory. should i refer you to all sorts of studies linking high body fat to disease, cancer, and a shortened lifespan? and should i link to exposes about processed foods, which are engineered to be as addictive as possible to consumers? and about the direct link between consuming large amounts of said processed foods and obesity? most fat people are the victims of corporate food. don't tell me that fat is a political stance, or some sort of assertion of personal freedom. obesity is a scourge that should be stamped out for everyone's wellbeing, and it's a scourge brought upon well-meaning people by predatory, cynical corporations.

if you cook your own fresh food, and focus on whole grains, vegetables, fresh fruit, and protein, you're probably not going to be fat, short of some admittedly uncontrollable genetic conditions, which are regrettable.

here's some insanity for you: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/fashion/26fat.html
                        Last edited by copacetic; 09-18-2011, 04:35 PM. Reason: typos
                        And "When the prince has gathered about him
                        "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• BSR
                          • Aug 2008

some ideas here do not seem to match my brain type
                          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

It's stupidly unfair to justify your insulting coment on someone's pecs by using the exampke of obesity. The guy is not even remotely fat. He may lack tone, although it's impossible to tell from one pic, but I don't see chub. Of course obesity is horrible, that has nothing to do with it. There are many body types, and having a little over 10% body fat is not unhealthy at all even though you might find it aesthetically unpleasant.

I think super muscular physiques are gross, and people who go to the gym constantly baffle me... We're all different, and while it's good to be healthy, it is also a good idea to be tolerant

(I can't believe I'm writing this, I hate fat. I just hate stupidity more)

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

u shouldnt wear rick owens unless u look like this

Comment

• copacetic
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by galia View Post
                                It's stupidly unfair to justify your insulting coment on someone's pecs by using the exampke of obesity.
                                i'm not talking about him anymore. read harder.
                                And "When the prince has gathered about him
                                "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎