X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Don't know how I feel about this...
    It sounds really condescending, but most of this holds true for other countries and to be honest, the middle part is what makes London such a great place to be.
    I certainly don't want to have the buy / be proud to be British / American debate ...
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

Im with you on this mrbeuys.

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Everyone knows the British empire was just a desperate grab for decent food.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
          Everyone knows the British empire was just a desperate grab for decent food.
          All this after we gave you mushy peas and deep fried mars bars? Insult to injury.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
            It sounds really condescending, but most of this holds true for other countries and to be honest, the middle part is what makes London such a great place to be.
            I certainly don't want to have the buy / be proud to be British / American debate ...
            Never thought I'd see the day patriotism gets put above humor with this crew.

To make things right, you should know I am all about your bangers, mrbeuys.
            sain't

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              Agreed. Simple right-wing propaganda. Good for skinheads. I guess.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Agreed. Simple right-wing propaganda. Good for skinheads. I guess.
                Oh, come now. I hope you were just joking with that.

It merely pokes fun at a stereotype, much the way any country known for being a melting pot of cultures gets poked; the country you and I live in being a prime example.

Right wing, left wing, chicken wing… I read nothing political into it.
                sain't

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                  Right wing, left wing, chicken wing… I read nothing political into it.

(particularly re: chicken wing)
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Tafkap
                    • Oct 2006

I'm coming to sz for the rescue.
                    I just got into London (from america) - within hours my passport, debit card, cash, all id, etc. was stolen. (long story)
                    You would never be able to imagine the hell that occurs when this happens. I'll save all the crap about banks, phones, etc. but I'm posting because if there is anyone in London that can offer any help in any way, let me know. I'm going to have my brother western union me some cash, use his card to book a few more nights somewhere and try and make an appointment with the us embassy...it's really hard when you don't know the city and basically EVERYTHING is going wrong.
                    thanks in advance. Even advice will help.

Comment

• OliverG
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Tafkap View Post
                      I'm coming to sz for the rescue.
                      I just got into London (from america) - within hours my passport, debit card, cash, all id, etc. was stolen. (long story)
                      You would never be able to imagine the hell that occurs when this happens. I'll save all the crap about banks, phones, etc. but I'm posting because if there is anyone in London that can offer any help in any way, let me know. I'm going to have my brother western union me some cash, use his card to book a few more nights somewhere and try and make an appointment with the us embassy...it's really hard when you don't know the city and basically EVERYTHING is going wrong.
                      thanks in advance. Even advice will help.
                      Try having that happen in a country where you don't speak the language either. Even worse.

Comment

• OliverG
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2013

Flying into Heathrow tonight. Staying around Clapham, planning on taking in the Natural History museum due to so many recommendations... concert Sunday night... pubs in between! Can't wait for that gorgeous weather...

Comment

• OliverG
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by jumpoff View Post
                          Some good value for money restaurants

Pizza: Franco Manca (Brixton)
                          Japanese: Koya (Soho)
                          Burgers: Honest (Soho), Patty & Bun (Marylebone)
                          French: Casse-Croute (Bermondsey/London Bridge)
                          Noted, and thank you kindly!!!

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                            • Jan 2011

Can anyone recommend the Paul Klee exhibition at Tate Modern? Were you there? Media wrote extensive about it and how Klee once mentioned how »color has me«. If anything, that quote (and the bookshop) could drive me there.
                            Or am I better off with a Beef Sandwich at Borough Market next door.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                              • Apr 2009

New to London- where can I pick up the new A magazine curated by Iris van Herpen?

Comment

• xeraphim
                                • Nov 2008

most newsstands; selfridges. wasn't available yet as of last weekend though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎