Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikevigar
    • Jan 2010

I've just finished Don Quixote, really great read. Liked the way the humour has migrated so well across translation/through time. I hear Terry Gilliam is going to do a film about it, really not sure about that...

I think I'm going to get into another Wilkie Collins book next, that'll keep me entertained for a few weeks.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Needed to regenerate some brain cells after devils in prada, Walter Benjamin, Illuminations.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
        • Oct 2009

Haven't read any comics /graphic novels for quite some time but have just recently discovered this and was hooked right away.
        Recommended!!!

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Jean Genet, post-scriptum
          Les morsures de l'aube (re-reading)
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

Good of you to remind me, I need to buy that and Notre Dame des Fleurs asap. Although I have a list of book recommendations longer than my arm...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Brothers Karamazov
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• viv1984viv
                • Feb 2008

You really reading Brothers Karamazov? What a book that is, you will be dwelling on it after you finish it for as long as you were reading it, takes lots of digestion - awesome book, amazing.

I'm currently gripped by Mark Z Danielewski's House of Leaves - really getting under my skin.
                Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

L'Oeuvre d'art totale
                  In French.

Re-reading every page 3 times.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Eye
                    • Jan 2010

WTB : Incarnation leather jkt szXL / Augusta green ankle boots sz42

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by viv1984viv View Post
                      You really reading Brothers Karamazov? What a book that is, you will be dwelling on it after you finish it for as long as you were reading it, takes lots of digestion - awesome book, amazing.

I'm currently gripped by Mark Z Danielewski's House of Leaves - really getting under my skin.
                      Why does that shock you? I am thinking to audit a graduate level course on BK in the spring, so I am reading it in the original, before I read it in English for that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• viv1984viv
                        • Feb 2008

doesn't shock me that you're reading it, but it feels like it's at the opposite end of the scale to Devil Wears Prada. Plus many people say they are reading it but give up on it.

I think the major sentiment in that exclamation was excitement though, it's pretty much on of my most praised books.

If you have read it in the original form as well as translated i'd be interested to hear you're thoughts on it.... or links to...
                        Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• raskolnikovboogie
                          • Nov 2009

A refined and brutality filtered Hammett. Hot and cold running women, blackmail, witty one liners and of course, a cynical, seen-it-all-before protagonist with a crime stopping right hook and a smile that can melt a femme fatale's heart at twenty paces.

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                            • Feb 2008

great book, should definitely check our his other works and the movie adaptation with humphrey bogart

Comment

• raskolnikovboogie
                              • Nov 2009

I've got Lady in the Water sitting on my bookshelf ready to roll after I finish up with The Big Sleep.

The movie's sitting right next to it. It's been there a while. I've held back on watching it until I've read the book. I can never stand watching a movie if I know it was based on a novel I haven't read yet.

Comment

• Calimero
                                • Jul 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍