Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nycd
    • Oct 2006

don't think i've ever listed all of the great buyers/sellers here - everyone on this list is A+ - have bought multiple items from most of them - would buy from any of them again:

zamb
    aka*nyc
    chinorlz
    droogist
    johnny_herb
    magic
    andrewislasorad
    MikeNouveau
    kompressorkev

thanks all!

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

Not that everybody didn't know it already but smash is an excellent seller and a pleasure to deal with
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• LEWisMe
        • Jul 2007

Gents,

I've got a PayPal question and hope you guys can help me. I just sold my M.A + accordion bag to a SZer who has no posts (not that it's a concern necessarily) and has already paid me via PayPal but has gone strangely silent to my PMs and emails. As he's not verified by PayPal in the United States (he's from Asia), PayPal had a notice that I should verify 2 things: 1) his shipping address and 2) that he actually did authorize the payment to me.

I'm currently out of town and won't be able to ship him the bag until Wednesday anyway and have sent him 2 emails (along with PMs on SZ) requesting that he verify the 2 points above. So my questions are:

1) Should I wait for him to respond before shipping the bag on Wednesday (assuming he hasn't prior to Wednesday) or should I ship him the bag anyway?

2) If I were to ship him the bag and if for some reason it's a scam, can he still revoke payment or contest that payment wasn't authorized?

I haven't had that many sales on PayPal and this is my first to an unverified buyer so I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing and also protecting myself from getting scammed.

Thanks in advance guys!
        "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Just dealt with im_parfait, flawless transaction, fast shipping from Russia. Totally legit.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• nahneun
            • Feb 2011

LewisMe, I would strongly suggest that you refund the payment and do NOT, under any circumstances, ship out the bag. There is far too much risk involved with international shipments, especially when the buyer is not an established member. Even moreso if he is not verified.

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

I've sold at least 5 times to unverified 0 posts members, and so far nothing has happened. Just use tracked/signed for shipping and you're good.
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

a buyer whose payment i refunded under similar circumstances explained that paypal does not allow non-u.s. residents to verify their address?! can someone who knows more confirm whether this is true or false. given the lack of communication i would personally refund the money.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                  a buyer whose payment i refunded under similar circumstances explained that paypal does not allow non-u.s. residents to verify their address?! can someone who knows more confirm whether this is true or false. given the lack of communication i would personally refund the money.
                  agreed and i think what you said about paypal verification to be true

Comment

• random
                    • Dec 2007

Non-confirmed addr is common for international buyers. I'd personally not deal with unverified buyers unless on the payment page paypal says "seller protection is partially elligible" meaning as long as you ship to the buyers paypal addr you are fine. Make sure you use a shipping method that provides detailed tracking information (USPS is NOT one of them).
                    I don't exist.

Comment

• nahneun
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                      I think you can be verified but not confirmed. Verification just requires a working bank account to be linked to your paypal account.

Comment

• LEWisMe
                        • Jul 2007

Thanks for the many responses gents. I decided to bite the bullet and deal with the long holds and transfers to various folks at PayPal until I found someone who actually could help me in their Disputes dept.

What I learned is that I am partially protected in this current situation but it is strongly advisable that I get the buyer to verify (via his email that's associated with his PayPal account) that the ship to address is correct and that he did authorize the payment. At that point, because I plan on shipping via USPS International Express w/ signature confirmation and insurance for the full value of the bag, I'm about as covered as I can be.

I also learned that if the buyer tells you that his address has changed but it's just not updated on his PayPal account then to be safe, you'd have to refund the full amount, have him pay you again after he's updated his address, then ship out the item. Never ship an item to an address that does not match what's on PayPal. You're not protected at that time.

It is also true that PayPal routinely does not verify members who are not in the US or their international addresses - hence only partial seller protection is afforded.

That said, hopefully the buyer will email me shortly and we'll have this deal done!

Thanks again everyone.
                        "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• awlouie
                          • Sep 2007

I highly recommend cuddly...thanks for personally delivering the item to me!
                          "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                          -Bruce Lee

Comment

• SoElectric
                            • May 2010

Just want to say thanks to hommedeguerre and Dane

Both were a pleasure to communicate with, no problems answering any of my questions, and both were super fast shippers.

Highly recommended that you do business with them.

Comment

• wildcat
                              • Jun 2008

Login here every now and then to purchase things here and there; Dawn, Neonrider, Diego, Hamletpowpowpow, Drexl... all great guys, professional, super easy to talk to and awesome. Highly recommend them to anyone considering buying.

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

Awesome exchange with eckblk as a seller. Superfast shipping and just as described. I've had great luck with buying/selling on SZ but super happy with this transaction.
                                Originally posted by mizzar
                                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎