X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

man, those are crusty. guessing not someone on sz...but I may be giving too much credit.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• blackfedora
      • Jan 2012

Those dunks pale in comparison to a pair that unwashed posted some time ago. His had a healthy green mould growing on them.

And here they are...he'll probably take reasonable offers.

Comment

• ^oh. wow. and drip em in a tar please. ro and unwashed beats The Austrian at all fronts

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post

Yeah, but with supply/demand, in the $69.99-$499.99 range and a mass market like Target, they might actually make more cash from these "pieces" than off their mainline. I don't know the fashion industry from a business standpoint, but let's face it, there are big designers doing this with H&M and Target all the time, and I assume by number alone that this must mean they're making a killing of mass produced pieces at these low end stores that then supports their high end, less mainstream work. That H&M crap sells out in minutes a lot of times, despite the relative difference in quality between those pieces and the mainline ones. Further, the high end designers can drop all the items that didn't sell in mainline into Target and people will treat them like they are golden and save up (or put themselves in debt on their credit card) to buy them. It makes good business sense to me, although not so much on the marketing/image side;however all it takes is 51% of your profit coming from the mainstream, and one would think from a business stand point, then the suits in charge might care more about $$$$ generated than image of the house. For Target it's win-win too since it's sorta like merging Target with TJ Maxx or something like that, opening up additional markets for capital and also making their other products look super cheap in comparison, likely driving up sales there too with pragmatists.

****under my breath************************
          Glad to see Marc Jacobs clothing where it belongs.....

Doubtful. What you don't see in my snapshot (and, perhaps, the most important part) is that right beside that $69.99 Marc Jacobs for Target scarf . . . sat a 50% off clearance sign larger than the Leaning Tower of Pisa. And I'm betting their backstock could fill it, too.

No skin off Tar-zhay's nose, though. What they lose in revenue from any collaboration will easily be earned back in "cool points", which in turn generates overall revenue for them in the end, anyway. Brilliant branding, as it makes the big box retailer seem special – yet strips the very same attribute right off the backs of the designers who signed on.

Talk about a designer death certificate.
          sain't

Comment

• MJRH
            • Nov 2006

darkbydesign, there's a perfectly rational explanation for those...

ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Kuat
              • Nov 2012

man, those are pretty beat up ^_^

Comment

• darkbydesign
                • Sep 2010

Yeah, I just through the price was funny.

If they were teeth they'd have character.....not necessarily in a good way. They look great in B&W. ;-)

Comment

• blackfedora
                  • Jan 2012

From a recent fashion show in London...

and some other designs that may induce a chuckle

This week, menswear designers took a giant step for all mankind. Now they might want to take a few baby steps back. The London Men's Collection, a week-long preview of cutting edge collections for the Fall/Winter 2013-2014 season, is supposed to offer a glimpse into the future of menswear. Instead it was a harbinger of a fashion apocalypse. Wooden face barricades, toxic waste jumpsuits, and strapless dresses worn by dour male pixies. Ladies, meet your new stylish man. He's your worst nightmare and he knows it.

Comment

• TheThief
                    • Mar 2011

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

the posted comments make me feel like people should take a test before they comment on fashion, even if it's awful fashion

Comment

• Atom
                        • Sep 2009

Comments are WTF at its best. Less funny than the pics though.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                          • Oct 2012

I donĀ“t remember where, but I read a spoof article where a guy went to different places wearing a look like the one from the MAN show, with the wooden boards in his face.

Comment

• Dropt
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                            Well, at least it's explicit.

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

Wooden barricagde ? I thought it was "the roof of my house just collapse on me while i was sleeping..."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎