Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soulshui
    • Nov 2011

what is he doing in a runway show? and can he even see from those shade? so many question.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

He can't help it...he's French.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

he's not frensh as far as I know, and he's nicola formichetti's friend. so that's an explanation

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by galia View Post
          he's not frensh as far as I know, and he's nicola formichetti's friend. so that's an explanation
          French Canadian I should have said.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

What exactly are you guys talking about? An explanation for what?
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• tron
              • Dec 2010

ugh I really don't like him. Too many idiots I half know idolize him.
              "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

that guy is a prime example of what happens when you are already a dickhead and people give you credit for it and proclaim your dickheadedness as a champion of the avant garde when in reality you are a dickhead who made a terrible tattoo decision.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

why do you think he is a dickhead?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    why do you think he is a dickhead?
                    he has a smugness to him and, at least to me, he is a walking gimmick. don't get me wrong, i am all for smugness but i attribute his fame to celebrity endorsement via "lady gaga's stylist" and mugler. i do respect all of the work that mugler did in the early 90's and late 80's but i try to call them as i see them. i very much like theatrics and the grand show but there's a time to draw a line when design takes a backseat to the pomp of it all. it's still afternoon here and i havent had too much coffee so i am posting grumpy. sorry

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I don't know, I haven't met the guy - would be hard for me to call him a dick. Cannot tell from pictures if he's smug or not. If anything I feel rather sad that he, essentially, has to resort to being a clown in order to make something of himself. As I am getting to an age where adulthood is knocking loud and clear and I meet the ex-punks who are now scrambling after realizing that they have essentially done nothing for themselves, I become sad.

I guess what I am trying to say, where will this guy be when he's 50?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        I don't know, I haven't met the guy - would be hard for me to call him a dick. Cannot tell from pictures if he's smug or not. If anything I feel rather sad that he, essentially, has to resort to being a clown in order to make something of himself. As I am getting to an age where adulthood is knocking loud and clear and I meet the ex-punks who are now scrambling after realizing that they have essentially done nothing for themselves, I become sad.

I guess what I am trying to say, where will this guy be when he's 50?
                        yeah i can't really judge someones character based on my perception of them from their outward appearance. just seeing him in the front row in studded everything reminds me of the misappropriation of the whole punk/hardcore look done in a circus-y way, recent balmain collections come to mind. clown is absolutely the correct word for him. characters like him making a splash in fashion makes me wonder if good design is enough or if you can garner equal--if not more-- notoriety/attention based on the theatrics of it all (re: mugler/gaga/formicetti/this guy). when this guy is 50 i am sure he will try to parlay his gimmick into a behind the scenes position in an industry that partially embraced him sheerly for him being a clown who is willing to goto extremes play the part. it is quite sad. much like a lot of individuals who grew up in punk scenes, when the mystique wears off what will he be?

Comment

• Hiddenaway
                          • Jan 2012

That, to me, is just where fashion is at the moment. A collection of characters that have been appropriated by companies to better tell a story or display a 'mood.' And Mr. Genest definitely isn't the first. After a few years his mystique will wear off, people will move on from the tattooed man look, and look elsewhere.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

"They love you, when you are all on the covers, when you are not, they love another..."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                              • Jun 2009

For reference, i met him outside of Duckie Brown (of all places) and asked to take his photo. His response was more conceited than any "male model" I've ever approached. He was "posing" out front like many bloggers do outside the shows, simply there to draw attention to their branding. After I was done shooting he sent me away with the sweeping of his fingers. So, smug, he is, indeed.
                              Le 21ème

Comment

• Lane
                                • Aug 2010

what a fucking waste of oxygen

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎