• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OliverG
    Banned
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
    you're taking this waaay too seriously Luket. dude gets paid to play dress up. sure, I can understand resentment. whatever you hold as yours and privately precious can potentially be exposed. but does that sting deter your passion? does the success facade of others debase your own pursuits for having a harmonious and visually meaningful assemblage of apparel? or is it the lofty display of nonchalance that presents you all cross and miffed? smells like you've wet the bed a little with your whining and snide observations. dude is a nice guy and the snippy accusation that someone can 'never be trusted' due to their sartorial selections is the sort of banal banter that's saved for shit like tmz

-- oh. the. dra. ma. --

Right on, hit the nail on the head. I was just about to post that all of this sounds like jealousy. You see it in every genre of interest, from music to skating to fashion. Talking shit about successful people for being so poserish. Blah, get over it.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
      or is it the lofty display of nonchalance that presents you all cross and miffed?
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Luket
        • Apr 2012

Wet the bed? Jealous? Taking it to seriously?

Not at all, as I stated I find it a joke. I'm laughing.

Comment

• julian_doe
          • Mar 2013

"That's like calling a girl a slut, I mean she gets lots of sex, good for her."

"If you want to meet people that don't change go to a cemetery."

Fuuma, this provoked the first laugh of my day. Thanks!

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

Finest accessories...

Comment

• fncyths
              • Apr 2010

let's just all have a laugh then shall we...

Originally posted by Shucks
              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

totally agree. i am starting to understand the chameleon aesthetic, life can be boring as can a uniform.

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                  I think he looks good, I prefer this to painting by the numbers Rick that often shows up in WAYWT.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

bravo, as usual

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    So not only is he pulling off the Thom Browne look well but he also looks great in RO? Wow that's such a shame! That's like calling a girl a slut, I mean she gets lots of sex, good for her.

He works in fashion, he's constantly exposed to new looks and ideas related to that, it's great that he picks on them and switches it up from time to time. He's not your accountant, there's nothing freaky or insincere about saying he likes fashion and the idea of exploring new looks and it sure won't freak people around him cause THEY WORK IN FASHION.

If you want to meet people that don't change go to a cemetery.

Comment

• MJRH
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Luket View Post
                      PS: I don't understand your slutty girl analogy. Do people still admire those that "gets lots of sex"? Are sluts meant to be good? I find their motive to be the exact aspect in which I hate. That needy, desperation, all for mere moments.
                      oh, well there's your problem.
                      ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• julian_doe
                        • Mar 2013

Luket, I don't think you are making a good argument. "I'm saying that its a joke that he's suddenly changed aesthetic (drastically; to an 'anti-fashion' if you will) as soon as another look becomes popular." Do you really think he is aiming for "anti-fashion"? Are Rick Owens pieces created to embody that kind of sentiment?

You don't have to like his outfits, but to go as far as to say that he is a joke because it is unexpected of him to wear such attire is a little vapid.

PS: Respectfully, you may also want to check your grammar and punctuation.

Comment

• shdws
                          • Sep 2011

Even though this is a WTF, I want this for some reason.....

Best for house parties in the winter, snowboarding, doing random missions in the night.
                          Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Luket View Post
                            I'm not debating whether or not his cookie cutter RO outfit looks good
                            (of course it does
                            ; he has a shaved head & sleeves, checks all the boxes)

I'm saying that its a joke that he's suddenly changed aesthetic (drastically; to an 'anti-fashion' if you will) as soon as another look becomes popular. I really don't care, I just find it sad and blatant "look at me", "take pictures of me" bull shit.

No, I do not despise change, I despise blatancy in the guise of change. Trend hoppers that come in for a brief while; that don't truly love nor do they understand what they have hopped upon. That's what I have a strong disdain for.

PS: I don't understand your slutty girl analogy. Do people still admire those that "gets lots of sex"? Are sluts meant to be good? I find their motive to be the exact aspect in which I hate. That needy, desperation, all for mere moments.
                            You should have stopped with the part in bold, it is all that matters when judging an outfit.

RO isn't any more anti-fashion than Versace.

As for trend hoppers you're trying to separate true believers from mere cultural tourism. It is ultimately fruitless and exposes the ridiculousness of pondering how much passion and subcultural qualification someone needs to buy $2000 leather jackets and poopy pants? Are you keeping it real enough for your tee shirt? Give me a fucking break.
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

I have a dream that one day we will be judged not for the height of our $1500 high tops but by the content of our fanny packs.

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

That last post makes me want to buy Fuuma a beer. Amen.
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎