X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • copacetic
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by seb View Post
    oh, the left sleeve went up. is def. long enough.
    both sleeves are too short. not just the left one. highly unlikely that they both "went up"... however that happens.
    And "When the prince has gathered about him
    "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• Laconic
      • Apr 2009

Prezens: looks like the velvet bedding cost almost as much as the outfit. ;)

Seb, I think you could still play with the greys if you wanted to. I think the outfit would look pretty good with a longer grey top--provided the shade was almost the same. That way the break wouldn't be so sharp. Right now the shortness of the sweater is emphasized by its colour. I'd say this contradicts the length of the jacket--and not in an ideal way.

D

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

Really liking your last two fits, Will!
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by rilu
            Seems everyone likes a lot Chinorlz's outfit, but somehow I wonder if all that jewelry works together in the same outfit... Especially the two necklaces over each other. Nice jacket though :)
            I'm with you. Always thought that the long Ann necklace worked on elongated outfits, or bodies, best. Pants look a bit tight as well, at least on the pic.

Comment

• Prezens
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Laconic View Post
              Prezens: looks like the velvet bedding cost almost as much as the outfit. ;)
              D

Originally posted by Jin View Post
              Prezens, is this some sort of hideout or your ap?)
              Haha, thanx. Well it serves as both, although i generally refer to it as "the lair" LoL

Modern77, clean outfit, put together coherently.
              i think the all black worked really well on you, Rilu.
              And Chinorlz looks relaxed in that fit; natural yet showing thought. I've never been able to wear more than one necklace at once, but i think its fine here. Curious to see how the lower half comes together.
              One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

Generally men should wear no necklaces never mind several of them. In particular that Add D thing is silly. It's just a feather at the end of a rope. And, because of that, it becomes such a detraction from everything else - "oh look, there's a guy with a feather on a necklace. What's that all about then?"

No dis to Albert, who is the nicest man in the e-world. The rest of the fit is cool.

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  Generally men should wear no necklaces
                  did i seriously just read this on style zeitgeist

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks for the constructive criticism! I haven't really worn necklaces ever and have recently started playing around with them. It's a bit outside my comfort zone but testing the waters is always fun :)

Most of what I wear in the photo is what I wear regularly or some variation thereof... One of the reasons I don't post here that much anymore hahaha.

The bottom half of the photo isn't that exciting... Jeans with boots (not tucked ;) )
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

how do you feel necklaces work with finer fabrics? i'd like to wear one a bit more but don't want to deal with snagging or any damage they can cause. same as rings! i wear a w:m one now and always take it off before i change my shirt and won't wear it with certain knits( luc/julius/ann). i "advanced" the aging process of a rick tank by uknowingly wearing a belt with my jeans and then finding a bevvy of pinholes right around my waist.

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        Generally men should wear no necklaces never mind several of them. In particular that Add D thing is silly. It's just a feather at the end of a rope. And, because of that, it becomes such a detraction from everything else - "oh look, there's a guy with a feather on a necklace. What's that all about then?"

No dis to Albert, who is the nicest man in the e-world. The rest of the fit is cool.
                        agree with eternal most ann accessories are designed for the ann universe. a feather necklace isnt that startling when u have a big round hat greasy long washed out hair rabid layers of over sized unbuttoned asymmetry a jacket thats cropped in the back cropped trousers and beaten up cock ring mandals. you just in general look out of place ahah but it can work (mostly on the runway) most of these goofy sartorial conventions you guys blindly subscribe to are for guys who want to look presentable not sure that's really ann's approach.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

everyone looking good, including Marilyn Monroe........

Modern77, that outfit is really "modern".
                          I like the nonchalance of it.

Giving it in Fashion Model Mode today

All clothing an accessories- Zam Barrett
                          Shoes- Carpe Diem
                          Last edited by zamb; 10-27-2011, 11:15 AM.
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

i think on a place like SZ we have come to realize that there are a myriad of people who do not live conventional lives (at least no on an everyday basis) and dont supribe always to the conventional notions of being.
                            If a guy wants to wear five or six necklaces and look like an artisanal version of Mr. T so let him be.

if johnny thinks that necklaces are not for men, that's fine too..........Its fine to disagree and publicly say so, so long as it doesnt become the standard
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• modern77
                              • Oct 2006

Thanks for the kind words all. Yes Zam this is what i'm talking about. Sharp with just the right amount of edge. Looks sick.
                              Last edited by modern77; 10-27-2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

never thought i'd say this, but i'm with christiane f on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎