Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    oh....snap. that was cold blooded man

but no i got your point and i get the whole civil rights component here. i get all of it. i'm just saying that in this particular arena we could stand to let a few things slide here and there in the interest of lightheartedness. there are few places less homophobic than a men's fashion forum.

that being said i am a straight guy and might not take it so lightly if i weren't. so i shall recuse myself and go back to posting lowbrow funny pictures as SZ's resident squidbilly
    well, i do let things slide quite alot. i only comment when i think it's uninspired and orbitrary.

Comment

• marco-von
      • Feb 2009

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        And, Shucks, we aren't in 14th Century, sorry.
        lol i knows...

oh and dorrrk, it is just a similar silhouette which came to mind. don't try to stir shit up.
        Last edited by Shucks; 04-23-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Dropt
          • May 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
          Hell, who are we kidding – judgments based on dress still fly in all but the most urban of environs; just about every suburban 'hood will likely offer each of you at least one "fuck off, you pansy" at some point in time.
          I'm not sure that last part applies to kunk though.

Comment

• DRRRK
            • Aug 2009

Shucks, are you living in a vacuum? I try to stir shit up and you think you are just funny or witty with your comments and we have to applaud?
            I just don't get why wearing gym-like pants is manly and tight pants are feminine. Androgyny may be the right word, and what is wrong with that?

The last part is a general question, not aimed at Chucks.

Comment

• upsilonkng
              • May 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Upsilonking is a rebel, you see - like Good Charlotte. Real punk rock. Hangs out with Avril Lavigne and shit. It's hard core. No place for for old, contemplative fuckers like you in his life.
              for a guy that likes weird clothes your frame of reference for music is no better than any mid-west weekend mall teen. I know NIN is still blowing your mind and that my friend is like saying the Gap does really great jeans and they have some amazing sweaters...
              You'd be surprised at some of the so-called "real" punks I've dealt w/ over my time in music.
              As for Mail-moth.. just review your messages over the last 4-6 pages, all spoken as if the truth is all you know, these are just opinions and I'm pretty sure most of us aren't holding our breath waiting to find out if you think my shirt works for me... After all you do dress like a grandpa.. to me, and everywhere I go I could not and would not want to go in those outfits that you like to take a close up of, don't care about the details when the overall is such a snooze. Sorry. Of course I'm speaking only for myself and these are not universal truths. I at least am aware of that.

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
                I'm not sure that last part applies to kunk though.
                well, because kunk would devour them before they could spit out the word pansy
                sain't

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                  I really hate it when guys try to emasculate other guys by pointing out some feminine-leaning perception, be it the shape of their shoes or the way they happen to be standing. It's the dude equivalent of how woman get catty by putting another female down. Some of you are making it sound like he's wearing goddamn pantyhose just because he's got on skinny pants (even leggings don't qualify as "tights", FYI). And since when did non-clunky shoes suddenly become "dance shoes"? pfff..

Pardon me for saying so, Pumpfish, but judging from your recent post in Men's Fragrances below, you don't exactly strike me as a paragon of masculinity yourself.

Thus, when I read your advice for alex.a to ".. consider swapping tights and dancing shoes for tight jeans and anchor with boots", it carried little value, compared to the respect it may've received had you been a bit more, well.. respectful.

Let's not forget, gentlemen, that most of you – with your fine woolens & hand-cobbled footwear – would be called out as ballerinas in a heartbeat outside of the artisanal vacuum in which you reside. Simply walking down the wrong street in a "less-than-enlightened" part of town would do it. Hell, who are we kidding – judgments based on dress still fly in all but the most urban of environs; just about every suburban 'hood will likely offer each of you at least one "fuck off, you pansy" at some point in time.
                  There exists a thread called "Strangers reactions to your clothes" on this very forum for a reason..

Note to alex.a: (this isn't the time to bow to dumb pressure/ apologize for your own style/ concede anything to those living in glass houses. Fuck that. It's where you throw down a couple of these: to show just how much you care.)

I'm a man (like a manly one with chest hair and stuff) and I wear Repettos, those don't work here and look girly, sorry.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

/\ wait. you're straight??
                    sain't

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                      • Mar 2009

Upsilonkng, I really wonder what will be considered as the worst thing here : stating, in what I think to be a quite neutral way, something that is obviously a personal opinion and thus can be discussed, or being disrespectful and even aggressive, as you actually are, even with this final and rather useless "that's my opinion, sorry" precaution - which nonetheless offers the advantage to cut the conversation clean off.

As for the way I dress, I thought you already made your point, and I even believe I answered you. What do you want me to understand here ? That you don't like the way I look nor the way I write ?

Hey. I hear you. Big deal.
                      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• DRRRK
                        • Aug 2009

My posts are pretty useless because after reading interest1's post again I noticed she said everything already in a much better way than i ever could, at least in english.

Is there a standing ovations smiley?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                          As for Mail-moth.. just review your messages over the last 4-6 pages, all spoken as if the truth is all you know
                          I did, and the difference between his and your opinions are that he gave reasonable critique - calling as he saw it, whereas you restort to personal attacks and hostility. time to zip it.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Lane
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                            This outfit is for manly men 2011.

That is why (with some personal experiences):

You wear tight pants

> you can (and where I live will) be called gay, laughed at or beaten up

> you have the balls to continue to wear them because it is YOU

> having balls makes you a man, gay, bi-sexual, or straight, but a man.

Care to explain why a man is not manly in your eyes. We have 2011, for god's sake.
                            exactly, ima do me, fuck the haters son.

Also, <3 NIN lool

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

thank God I keep sabbath, cause the rudeness and the ridiculous discussions always seem to start on Friday evening...............I guess with the different times zones some people start to drink rather early
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                                for a guy that likes weird clothes your frame of reference for music is no better than any mid-west weekend mall teen. I know NIN is still blowing your mind and that my friend is like saying the Gap does really great jeans and they have some amazing sweaters...
                                You'd be surprised at some of the so-called "real" punks I've dealt w/ over my time in music.
                                As for Mail-moth.. just review your messages over the last 4-6 pages, all spoken as if the truth is all you know, these are just opinions and I'm pretty sure most of us aren't holding our breath waiting to find out if you think my shirt works for me... After all you do dress like a grandpa.. to me, and everywhere I go I could not and would not want to go in those outfits that you like to take a close up of, don't care about the details when the overall is such a snooze. Sorry. Of course I'm speaking only for myself and these are not universal truths. I at least am aware of that.
                                OMG, come wave your musical dick. Let's hear some of your favorites. Better yet, let's see a WAYWT, Avril.

And Heirloom, I am hurt. I want cupcakes!
                                In all honesty, I just thought it was a funny comment from my little one who happened to be looking over my shoulder at that moment, so I decided to post it. I did not mean to stir shit up. But, if you want my comment, and not hers, on alex.a's outfit, I do think that tall boots would work better by hiding the overly tight jeans. The rest is perfect. Besides, I do think that the word emasculating (or as Fuuma says 'girly') was an apt description. I mean, it's very easy to see. That doesn't mean that I go to Chelsea with a ski mask and a baseball bat at night. But you know what you are going to get when you egg me on, right?

And, DRRKKK, FUCK YOU TOO. I pass judgment if I want to. Don't like it - say it straight and don't hide behind these oblique pansy statements. I don't pretend to know everything, but I know what I know. I haven't heard two sentences worth of intelligence in all of your SZ tenure.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎