• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    Make t-shirts that say something like "Guess how many people died for this piece of crap" and try to sneak them onto racks all around the store. Be sure to take photos before they get taken out and send the pictures to your local news paper
    I'm a talk to banksy once he gets out of jail.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I know you're just joking but the news about Banksy was a hoax, in case some here didn't know (I was the first to believe it...)
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Landadel
        Banned
        • Jul 2014

I guess you can talk to him immediately.

Anyways, that t-shirt idea is exactly the kind of thing I don´t wanna do, because it won´t work.
        At this point I only wanna annoy the customers. I thought about pissing into the dressing room, but that would probably get me arrested.
        I´ll think of something and keep you updated.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Ah! Serves me right for only looking at the headlines.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
            thats awful, i don't own any russel athletic clothing and won't in the future, would like to know more brands that stoop to this crap so i can avoid them

basically, if it's very cheap, it's unfair, with a few exceptions.

you can use this app to check some mainstream brands:

http://bit.ly/TB24zE (iPhone)
            http://bit.ly/1pX6Gh1 (Android)

and also DO read the publications on www.cleanclothes.org and support them in their work...

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Landadel View Post
              Anyways, that t-shirt idea is exactly the kind of thing I don´t wanna do, because it won´t work.
              At this point I only wanna annoy the customers. I thought about pissing into the dressing room, but that would probably get me arrested.
              I´ll think of something and keep you updated.
              Then just make 500 notes with some interesting facts about sweatshops and stick them into clothes' pockets there? That would be much easier to do and in bigger volumes
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zen dog
                • Jan 2014

How about you and a few friends engaging in some over-the -top theater in front of the store? In rags, dragging sewing machines like a ball and chain, a master dressed the the attire sold by the store forcing people (getting some kids to sew, even better) to sew. You might make the news-good way to give consciousness to the situation, at least document it yourself and post.

my best to your efforts

Comment

• eat me
                  • May 2009

^ this should happen.

Along with it, pass the info of where one could actually buy fair clothes, otherwise people that don't know and won't bother to research might say "well I don't know, all of them are doing it!". Obviously Primark customer is not going to start shopping high fashion, so - http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...airtrade-vegan

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                    • Feb 2014

Sorry if this doesn't belong here but I have a bit of a random question.
                    I have been making hand knit garments mostly for friends, and recently I have been approached by an independent boutique asking me if I would be interested in stocking with them. This is really exciting, but also very intimidating. What is the standard protocol when selling to a stockist? Can I ask for 60% of of the retail price or is that too much? I'm really out of my depths here.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by wildinthewoods View Post
                      Sorry if this doesn't belong here but I have a bit of a random question.
                      I have been making hand knit garments mostly for friends, and recently I have been approached by an independent boutique asking me if I would be interested in stocking with them. This is really exciting, but also very intimidating. What is the standard protocol when selling to a stockist? Can I ask for 60% of of the retail price or is that too much? I'm really out of my depths here.
                      If someone doesn't answer you here I'd ask around the DIY forum. 60% does seem a little high for not being "established"

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                        If someone doesn't answer you here I'd ask around the DIY forum. 60% does seem a little high for not being "established"
                        Cool thanks, that's why I wanted to ask. I will go check out the DIY forum.

Comment

• delicious_not
                          • Dec 2012

tried on the drkshdw memphis jeans for the first time... wow.

although i'm only like 174cm tall, the fit actually seemed okay to me with no additional alterations in mind. now i need to decide: flap or no flap.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

No flap.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Null12
                              • Oct 2013

No flap.
                              :O

*Gasp*

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Feeling conflicted about Rick bottoms lately. They're so strong visually and distinct that I get locked into a Rick uniform look. Which was fine for a while, but now I don't know. I'd like to show more personal style than that and not be a clone or billboard, even for a designer I love.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎