Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

Couldn't decide if I should post in fashion media or here but I have made my decision. Today is apparently Mike the Ruler day at Dazed Digital!

RESIZE IMAGE

http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...uler-s-kingdom

http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...ashion-moments

http://www.dazeddigital.com/mike-the-ruler-day
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

Trying to decide whether this kid is old enough to hate or not. On the one hand, he's a kid, but on the other:

Today he is kicking back at his home on the Upper West Side. “Can you guys move your dough and fluids?” Mike asks his friends and it takes a second to register, dough = bagels, fluids = orange juice. Luka Sabbat, 17, and Austin Butts (aka Asspizza), 16, listen to Mike and move their food; they also listen to him about untucking their shirts, changing shoes or switching a hat. Stacked around are his plastic bins labelled “Hood by Air + Telfar” and “Supreme Hats”, and there’s an Eckhaus Latta sticker smacked on the wall above Mike’s bed. The boys have already torn through the racks of clothes for today’s shoot, and are goofing around while they wait. “Luka, this is one of one,” Mike jokes about a VFiles foam finger, which he uses to smack his friend. Two girls – Gabriella and Manon – float around as the boys shop online, slouched on chairs, half-included in that way girls sometimes watch boys play video games. Except instead of “Shoot him!” or “Die!” the boys pipe in with “Cop it!” and “Extremely rare!”
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
        Trying to decide whether this kid is old enough to hate or not.
        Not hate, I don't have that kind of energy or time.
        Ignore, definitely.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• BodyDouble
          • Jan 2014

I just wonder how he's buying all this stuff. I get that he may have super rich parents, but still, most super rick parents wouldn't authorize these kinds of purchases to a kid (he's 17 now, but theres a video of him from like 3 years ago harping about drkshdw). It gave insight into who he was, but i'm guessing his parents work in the fashion industry.

Also, regarding BBS 11, I thought it was Boris' brothers line. I've seen BBS 11 guys in pictures hanging out with Off White and Marcelo Burlon, who I'm sure have a connection to HBA so maybe it's all just part of some plan for them. I'm all for geometry and don't mind some of the stuff in the link posted. On IG the denim jacket seemed cool, but that HBA blank panel stuff is too much. Not a good look.

Comment

• 550BC
            • Jan 2013

11 is not his brothers line, its from his friend Israel Frutos.
            The new members/employees at 11 have relations with Virgil and Marcelo, the core team of the line has nothing to do with these parties.

On another note, this collection sucks big time
            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

He's a kid, literally NOTHING he's said so far in his life mattered, not a single sentence, he could have been making ouah ouah sounds for 14 yrs and it would be ok. Don't hate kids.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Oh, I hate plenty of kids. I usually put the cutoff at 4- or 5-ish for hating a kid, generally, that's when you can start seeing their personalities take shape. It's OK, though, my hate for them is as inconsequential as anything Mike the Ruler has ever posted.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Why is this even on sz?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deltapie
                    • Feb 2014

all it takes is two seconds looking at that kid to know whatever article is there isn't even remotely worth reading.
                    "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• eleves
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Why is this even on sz?
                      For the lulz! And because whatever this has become, this world of people like Mike and his cohorts, has moved from integrating Rick Owens all the way to CCP now. The future is lost! No one is safe!
                      Last edited by eleves; 08-07-2014, 06:31 PM.
                      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• apathy!
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post

Today he is kicking back at his home on the Upper West Side. “Can you guys move your dough and fluids?” Mike asks his friends and it takes a second to register, dough = bagels, fluids = orange juice. Luka Sabbat, 17, and Austin Butts (aka Asspizza), 16, listen to Mike and move their food; they also listen to him about untucking their shirts, changing shoes or switching a hat. Stacked around are his plastic bins labelled “Hood by Air + Telfar” and “Supreme Hats”, and there’s an Eckhaus Latta sticker smacked on the wall above Mike’s bed. The boys have already torn through the racks of clothes for today’s shoot, and are goofing around while they wait. “Luka, this is one of one,” Mike jokes about a VFiles foam finger, which he uses to smack his friend. Two girls – Gabriella and Manon – float around as the boys shop online, slouched on chairs, half-included in that way girls sometimes watch boys play video games. Except instead of “Shoot him!” or “Die!” the boys pipe in with “Cop it!” and “Extremely rare!”

Tempted to post the deathofculture.jpg again.

edit:

this is gold:

If you could change one thing about the US, what would it be?
                        I would shuffle the identities of all public figures and politicians. 75 per cent of them would be women, 25 per cent of them would be men. 75 per cent of them would also be queer, 45 per cent of which would be trans folk. Only 25 per cent of all public figures would be white.

honestly though the shit these kids say... It reflects really really poorly on the adults who take the time to do this shit.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                          For the lulz! And because whatever this has become, this world of people like Mike and his cohorts, has moved from integrating Rick Owens all the way to CCP now. The future is lost! No one is safe!
                          Even "the lulz" have different levels. Don't insult my intelligence and that of other members with this shit. What's next - funny cats? The future is lost!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
                            • Jan 2013

what he said
                            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              What's next - funny cats?
                              Come on Faust, if cats aren't SZ approved animals then I don't know what are

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                              Well, that particular "kid" is apparently 21, so older than a fair few members here, I believe. And I don't see what makes that quote particularly amusing. Naive, perhaps, but no more inherently ridiculous than the current rule of the country by a minority of rich white straight males...

On this whole stupid thing in general: ignooooore it. If he one day has something useful to say, he'll eventually say it (I find it unlikely). In the mean time, pointless hypebeast sensations like this guy feed on clicks, positive or negative. Don't post it, don't comment on it, don't get outraged by it.

Also, as Fuuma said, he's a child, and children deserve the time, space, and privacy to be embarrassing idiots without that shit hanging round them for the rest of their lives. Even if they try to remove that privacy by posting everything on instagram, etc. At 14/17 or whatever he is most people barely know how to be human, and having to also live up to an image one has created while figuring that out sounds to me like a nightmare to me, TBH. So as mrbeuys said, ignore. Iggggnnnnooooorrrrrreeee. IIIIGGGNOOOOORRRRREEE

And eleves: of course he's gonna hype CCP, just like some people with too much money who want to be on trend are gonna see all those PH pics on instagram and go out and buy themselves a wardrobe. We did that, by posting it all and posing for street photographers. If we wanted to avoid things getting hyped, we should have gone off-net, or all got nice and rotund and got dorky haircuts and moved to the country and only worn this shit at home. But we didn't, and here we are.
                              The points you have made are pretty much spot on. And yeah, CCP and PH being hyped was 100% inevitable but it's still pretty crazy seeing it happen, they stand in stark contrast to what Rick Owens is now, being the "it" guy for this avant garde movement that's happening in the mainstream. It seems to me that a lot of people nowadays drop CCP when they want to seem cooler than the other trendhoppers that surround them and flood instagram/tumblr. If drips weren't so expensive, or perhaps a little more abundant, they'd be the geobaskets for people who want to be on that "next level". and, "off-net"???? that's almost unheard of in today's society haha, perhaps even a little blasphemous!

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                                Come on Faust, if cats aren't SZ approved animals then I don't know what are
                                Bats, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎