• Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Comment

• messenoire
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by likeaboy View Post
      Well ccp became so popular amongst the chinese in a very short amount of time. For example ccp items are always sold out quick compare to other designers.
      And I dont care about them, why should i? I just care about whats going on in this avant garde fashion
      ccp does much smaller runs than most other designers on purpose. who cares if ccp is played, it's like your favorite band getting famous and jumping ship even though the quality of what they're creating doesnt suffer in any way and the item is still as good if not better than it was 5 years ago. like what you like, i'm not touching the "WHY THE CHINESE GOTTA BE JOCKING MY SWAG" because as stated before that is an awfully broad stroke.

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

http://instagram.com/thefinalcody
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Well ccp became so popular amongst the chinese in a very short amount of time. For example ccp items are always sold out quick compare to other designers.
          And I dont care about them, why should i? I just care about whats going on in this avant garde fashion
          Would've been so much better if he remained popular among the whites!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PandorasFate
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
            Aww, it's not been long since he loosed his Von Dutch collection to Craigslist, has it?
            “Budget the luxuries first.”
            ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• malaesthetique
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by yack View Post
              I don't think it's at all related to "fashion-fashion", but this article might be a good introduction: http://www.openculture.com/2013/07/j...hilosophy.html

I quite like Searle, but Chomsky and Nussbaum are just boring as sin. I think it's clear that Chomsky hasn't bothered to try and understand Foucault, who actually writes pretty clear for the most part, but the public wanted something that sounded "deep" so according to him, 10% added in is BS.

On the other hand Zizek is the opposite, competent maybe 10% of the time, 90% BS. But I think we can learn from his popularity. Unlike Foucault, Zizek takes Derrida seriously, and even though I don't think people keep up with his nonsense, he does hold their attention because he's passionate and overexcited in his speech and his writing. The public doesn't really want to hear conservative philosophy (ie what people think as "analytic") , they probably want more farther reaching conclusions.

Also, simply having a huge beard, t-shirt, shorts and sandals vs the clean shaven, usual off the rack suit and ugly tie professor tends to make you more likable and less intimidating to students, which is I guess not very surprising. But when rating each other, students equated wearing a suit to higher intelligence vs casual look, as people often do.

With that said, Foucault is easily the sexiest philosopher in the past century, next to Adorno in a bathing suit. And raw hems has nothing to do with philosophy, what a daft comparison. Your views do inform everything you do in some way, but having raw hems is just a preference.
              I think you've inverted the quotients with respect to Derrida and Zizek. Derrida is far more challenging to read, and what he says can be said in a much more direct way. Zizek on the other hand links together disparate phenomena from a variety of disciplines/fields in a truly masterful synthesis. Zizek is by no means a novelty and its a pity that you prefer the academically entrenched, formally reductive, and self sabotaging methods of analytic philosophy.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                • Apr 2014

Is ccp "played out"? On instagram, roughly 90% of the ccp tags are with rich chinese people wearing them or posting about it.
                are luxury cars like Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Aston Martin played out? In London, roughly 90% of those cars are owned by rich middle eastern bros.

Comment

• malaesthetique
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                  are luxury cars like Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Aston Martin played out? In London, roughly 90% of those cars are owned by rich middle eastern bros.
                  Then they are 90% played out. Sorry but these things aren't so black n white.

Comment

• 550BC
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by PandorasFate View Post
                    Aww, it's not been long since he loosed his Von Dutch collection to Craigslist, has it?
                    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

"Ballin' in Balmain on a sweet court near the beach house"
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• 550BC
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        "Ballin' in Balmain on a sweet court near the beach house"
                        ''Balmain ripped blue biker jeans with Rick Owens ''grim reaper''hoodie. I love pairing avant garde with mainstream lux #balmain #rickowens #gq #swag #soho #nyc''

I must admit, it's quite entertaining
                        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Please stop posting this stuff.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

yeah because that guy barely even looks chinese
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

Although I cannot comprehend this guys' clothing choices, but why shouldn't he enjoy it in his own way? Easy to talk trash behind his back. Why not reply to his instaposts instead?
                              Grailed link

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                                • Apr 2014

That guy has floor seats at basketball games. We're not on his level.

Anyways, I was wondering because this whole stupid "90%," "rich chinese" thing got brought up, if a lot more people in your daily lives started dressing in the aesthetics of this forum how would you feel? I know of course some of you would roll your eyes with your elitism, and immediately think "oh wtf would this person know about _insert designer name_'s work?" but would you be happy such a style became a bit more common? that you would get less strange looks from people? like what happened with slim/skinny jeans? or are you happy this style has it's own little niche?
                                Last edited by BlacknWhite; 04-26-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎