X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noirgt
    • Oct 2012

I heard the same commet to BY....
    Prices can be rediculous... I heard they got only handful CCP pieces, but sell them at triple of original prices...

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

by doesn't carry ccp.
      am not saying this in defence of the retailer, but i don't see any point in all the bitchings based on hearsay.
      personally my experiences have been average, nothing appalling (except for their prices), nothing exceptional.

second the good points already mentioned about eth0s.

Comment

• noirgt
        • Oct 2012

hearsay for a store means reputation. You're lucky you got "average experience" there. Many friends of mine got really pissed after visiting them...
        Of course by doesn't carry ccp, but they still have several pieces selling in store.
        ethos is definetely a good place to go.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by noirgt View Post
          Of course by doesn't carry ccp, but they still have several pieces selling in store.
          w t f are you talking about
          Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 03-28-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• geniliastatham
            • Apr 2013

Shanghai is leading the flagship of Chinese economy. It had transformed the world’s industrial economy and fashion. Leading brands can be found at Shanghai.Shanghai has got some of the fantastic stores like Lippo Plaza and the IFC which features brands like Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Ermenegildo Zegna.
            Last edited by geniliastatham; 04-27-2013, 06:29 AM.
            lover label

Comment

• phiman
              • Dec 2011

fuck off

Comment

• eleven crows
                • Mar 2011

thank you, chinese tourism board.

what can you tell us about guangzhou?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

From WWD

ARRIVING IN CHINA: Ann Demeulemeester has opened its first freestanding store on Mainland China. The retail space, located in the Réel Mall in central Shanghai, officially opened on Thursday night. The 947-square-foot unit is operated by the Hong Kong-based fashion retailer I.T Ltd., which has carried Ann Demeulemeester in its multibrand stores on the Mainland for a number of years.

Founding designer Ann Demeulemeester was on site for the opening, yet mainly in the background after handing over the creative director reins for the brand to Sébastien Meunier, an alumnus of Maison Martin Margiela who has worked on Demeulemeester’s men’s wear since 2010. The celebration of the store opening included a demure presentation of the brand’s spring collection.

“This is a very energetic country, and for fashion brands, it is really an interesting moment,” Meunier said. “China is going towards a more designer approach. We are really a designer brand, and we think the Chinese market is ready for that. This is a rising market, and it is important.”

Ann Demeulemeester also has retail locations in Hong Kong, Seoul and Tokyo.
                  ADD A COMMENT
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SuE
                    • Jan 2013

Has anyone in NA ordered items from shanghai stores directly or via proxy? eth0s has some items in my size (asian stores in general often do)
                    One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• MrBushido
                      • Dec 2013

eth0s, ziggy chen, BY 'maybe'.

Any other stores worth visiting? How are the prices for ziggy chen compared to EU or US?

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

So I have one night in Shanghai, en route to Tokyo. I land at 7:30pm. Is it worth it to go into the city and find something to eat/do by myself, knowing no one and not speaking Chinese, or should just get an airport hotel?

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                          • Jan 2013

I was actually going to suggest the opposite. Shanghai is the most foreigner friendly Chinese city imo. There are tons of expats and foreigners there for work, and I know a lot of Americans who live there without knowing much Chinese. You can get by speaking English if you know where to go, although that might not be the most authentic experience?

Personally I would just find a soup dumpling stall, and tell them to convert whatever money you give them into dumplings.

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                            I was actually going to suggest the opposite. Shanghai is the most foreigner friendly Chinese city imo. There are tons of expats and foreigners there for work, and I know a lot of Americans who live there without knowing much Chinese. You can get by speaking English if you know where to go, although that might not be the most authentic experience?

Personally I would just find a soup dumpling stall, and tell them to convert whatever money you give them into dumplings.
                            Agreed. It's a bit of a ride (45 min?) to get to city center but you can easily go to an expat-oriented restaurant (Time Out Shanghai has tons) and stroll down The Bund. In less expat-oriented restaurants, I had no problem ordering without speaking Mandarin by using the age old trick "point what's in that person's bowl". ;) Staff is usually super helpful as well.

Tips for cabs: Take a screenshot of whatever place you're going to with the indications written in Chinese, so that means some research before hand (or have it written by somebody). Cabbies don't really speak English.

I can try to put you in contact with people I know there/ask them what's happening on that evening.

Comment

• tehfangs
                              • Apr 2015

I've been travelling to Shanghai at least two times a year since 2009 and honestly speaking, I rarely shop there because the prices are insanely high. I think it is especially the case with anything which gives the perception of luxury (which appears to be lots of things).

There is a brand called "Croquis" which I do like (the designer is from Hangzhou) so I guess that is close to a local designer which you could check out, very wearable pieces and nothing too out there. There is a shop in Raffles City (People's Square) and I think one in IFC.

Other than that, I buy online or back home as the prices are much better than anything I have seen in China. But then if you are a tuhao, then what's a couple of thousand $ when you are crashing lamborghinis on the weekend?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                                • Sep 2008

Was there quite recently as well. Shopping, not so good because of the high prices, as mentioned above.

Though food is really good and fairly cheap. Theres a great dumpling place next to the Portman hotel.
                                Really liked this city, can have an amazing time there!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎