• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Sergei_S View Post
    I wonder how much will be the skull backpack? Will I have to sell my kidney )
    Yes, you will.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

what grown man wants a skull backpack?

anyway, the more I look, the more it looks like an acronym installation piece

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

i do. if growing up means hating skull backpacks and open toe thigh highs i'd rather be a grown child

but i want a suit of mesh maile most of all
        black post-knight from dystopian new new london

Comment

• arby2001
          • Jan 2011

It's quite cool, of course, but nothing revolutionary, and most of it is a bit too theatrical for my taste. I can appreciate what goes into his work but this is the guy you hear a lot about and has yet to deliver anything...it's more art than clothing.
          too skinny for rick

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            i know one overgrown child that does
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by arby2001 View Post
              It's quite cool, of course, but nothing revolutionary, and most of it is a bit too theatrical for my taste. I can appreciate what goes into his work but this is the guy you hear a lot about and has yet to deliver anything...it's more art than clothing.
              he just delivered an entire collection

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                he just delivered an entire collection
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                  I do.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                    • Mar 2009

Amongst the throngs of the sartorially dressed, on and off the catwalks/presentations during LONDON MENS COLLECTIONS...thank fuck for Aitor.

Some of the piece do have a sportswear feel, as this is one of his loves.
                    I found the collection was a great balance between, sportswear,utility,tailoring,practicality. Most importantly everything was incredibly wearable.

The Mongolian rider coat pictured both on the horse and mannequin, is made from a beautiful grey herringbone tweed wool(I think) Very substantial.
                    Athlough there where a plethora of details such as zips,flaps,glove and the quilted seat(which I'm sure i detachable), is rather minimal in look and silhouette. One of my fave details of the piece is how the lower part of the coat wraps/attaches itself to the leg whilst in the riding position.

The realisation from concept to conception was perfect.

The other pieces such as the denim outfit and tee had been styled with a parka/safari type jacket and the skull back pack. Once again details,cut and finishing prevail. Sportswear tech meets artisanal finishing.
                    i would easily have the denim jacket and jeans in my wardrobe as a constant. The sleeves of the denim jacket are lined with a stretch mesh, ended with an elastic thumb loop. The buttons, matte black, are closed by loops, rather than button holes.

The saxophone player outfit was another standout, which showcased his talents as a tailor. Take away all the additional detailing around the neck, and I'm sure there is an immaculately cut jacket.

and we get to the finishing. The piece to piece method, mixed with the metlock and stitching not only enables Aitor to create his concepts into products, its instantly identifiable as him (as has been mentioned, and if the garments where not instantly identifiable then we got problems)
                    Yes, like many elements have been borrowed but it is the final execution that counts here.

Those in Paris will be able to handle the collection and give a more detailed account.

Ending my intoxicated, almost fan boy ramblings.
                    Following Aitors progress over the years has been nothing but inspirational to myself for varying reasons. To see parts of the vision and concept fully realised as a collection was amazing. The relief was seen on the guys face.

Great job and well fucking done my son!
                    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
                      I wanted to comment in this thread, and being yet to see any of it I refrained after posts like this one.
                      I didn't quite understand what you meant by this.
                      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• lost53
                        • Dec 2010

the garments, the presentation, the ideas, its all there in bags.

Can anyone elaborate on the "sock" type finish to the trousers. Is this an incorporated shoe?

Comment

• erdweir
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Mikevigar View Post
                          I get a sort of post apocalyptic/bleakness vibe from this which might be coming from the colours but definitely from the use of faceless hunched over mannequins (that look like they're deteriorating) as 'models', and for me that backs up the idea of essential archetypal pieces as you wouldn't want more than that if you were trying to survive the world. No idea if this is the intention though...
                          I agree, I read this work as a meditation on death and militarism. The skulls, the fallen wire mesh figures, and the ashen tones are quite grim, even to someone like me. The shot of the field jacket, together with the harness of the backpack looks really 'tactical'.

The details are often very unusual, and don't really jump out at you. This requires a second or third look to absorb everything.

Is this an expression of the currently endemic apocalyptic fantasy/fear? They could be used as costumes for yet another post apocalyptic film...

I don't see that any new classics are in evidence, but I cant really say without seeing the show in person. I wold definitely like to see this work up close.

Comment

• safeword123
                            • Jul 2008

Came across this little passage on Style.com, and thought i should share. I didn't read this thread completely, apologies if the info. is repetitive

Throup’s presentation in a gallery in King’s Cross (above) was titled New Object Research, but the parentheses were more significant: (The full reveal of the first complete ready-to-wear collection). Twenty pieces arranged in four looks is scarcely complete in any traditional sense, but it was the culmination of six years of work, and six years of intense optimism on the part of industry insiders who’ve patiently clung to the conviction that Throup brings something unique to fashion. It was certainly on display here in the extraordinary construction of the clothes and the stark beauty of their presentation. Throup is a man obsessed. All he wants is a new way to do things, and once he has mastered that way, he would love it to become an industry standard. You haven’t appreciated a buttonhole until you’ve heard him detail the process with which he closes his garments. And to hear him talk about the perfect shoulder is surely a glimpse of what Cristobal Balenciaga’s acquaintances must have endured as Cris nattered on about sleeves.

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by safeword123 View Post
                              Came across this little passage on Style.com, and thought i should share. I didn't read this thread completely, apologies if the info. is repetitive
                              2 pages: what an effort indeed
                              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Went to see the collection properly set up in Paris today. The construction of the clothes leaves everything else - let me repeat, everything else - in the dust. The complexity of workmanship is just on another level.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎