StyleZeitgeist

Go Back   StyleZeitgeist > Forums > Fashion Media

Fashion Media Discuss print and online magazines, newspapers, blogs, and other fashion media

Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #61
kowei

I've been told 1 month ago by a YSL intern that Slimane "finally" signed the contract.
kowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #62
Danse Générale

I heard it through the grapevine rafs doing the mens...
Danse Générale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #63
christianef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordie View Post
his agent Laurence all but confirmed it the other day, its been known for months apparently...from what I heard, Hedi was somewhat reluctant for a while.
AGENT L
christianef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #64
kowei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danse Générale View Post
I heard it through the grapevine rafs doing the mens...
What?
Old 03-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #65
LiveinblacK

Well its good to hear Hedi is back, its been a long time coming. Excited to see what he is going to do. So what I have been reading that he is only doing the women's line and not men's, is that right? If so i'd be a little bummed
LiveinblacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #66
kowei

He will do every collection YSL has to offer, which means -correct me if I'm wrong- 6 per year. But I think, as he is "creative director", there will be artistic directors for both womenswear and menswear...? That's still a point in fashion I can't figure out sometimes...
Old 03-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #67
thejarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowei View Post
He will do every collection YSL has to offer, which means -correct me if I'm wrong- 6 per year. But I think, as he is "creative director", there will be artistic directors for both womenswear and menswear...? That's still a point in fashion I can't figure out sometimes...
Creative Directors are involved in everything, so they need a strong team they can lead and rely on as he is usually busy all the time. Creative Directors dont spend their entire day with clothes, at least when it comes to a stage where Hedi is.
thejarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #68
jordie

CD's are in everything - he is directing the creative aspect of the label.

Raf to christian dior sounds nice too!

it will be a dark few years...yummy!

twitter: @helmetmag

false astronomy.
jordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #69
jordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianef View Post
AGENT L
mmhmmm... :)

twitter: @helmetmag

false astronomy.
jordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #70
trompel'oeil

This is really exciting..DH was my introduction to fashion so I'll always have a soft spot for Hedi. Has anyone heard any rumors about where Stefano Pilati might end up?
trompel'oeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #71
Faust
kitsch killer

Too early for that, but I am sure he won't go jobless. Vionette, Nina Ricci, Rochas, Loewe - there is no shortage of suits wetting themselves at the prospect of reviving dinosaurs.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
Faust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #72
ES3K

If Karl wouldn't be immortal, Pilati would be perfect for Chanel, IMHO.
ES3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #73
kowei

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejarc View Post
Creative Directors are involved in everything, so they need a strong team they can lead and rely on as he is usually busy all the time. Creative Directors dont spend their entire day with clothes, at least when it comes to a stage where Hedi is.
Well, to ask something maybe more definite: is he going to draw any garment?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #74
kowei

Quote:
I'd love to see Simons at Dior to face Hedi Slimane. 2 big French houses. 2 menswear designers who used to be called "rivals" in the past. LVMH vs PPR.

But I'm not really sure Slimane is able to design womenswear. His idea of fashion was more "playing with genders", or translate his menswear for women. What could suit him in my opinion is a show with both genders, like the "séances de travail" Helmut Lang used to do, without any real difference in term of global esthetic between men and women.

Still pretty exciting. I love fashion
So! last rumors talk about a show including both womenswear and menswear in September, during Paris' womens fashion week. I seriously can't wait.

Last edited by kowei; 04-28-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #75
jogu

Quote:
Slimane is able to design womenswear. His idea of fashion was more "playing with genders"]
what ? idk bout that . part of the huge appeal of dh to me was the stuff was what i wanted high fashion to be , he took stuff from scenes that influenced him ( some that i liked also ) and brought it to a luxe level and added some nice details to everythin . maybe to a mainstream audience it was like omg thats new and fresh but not rly . boys been wearin skinny stuff for a long ass time before dh , and lots of the boys in some of those subcultures are just skinny . and best of all the clothes fit real fuckin good on me for a change , it was nice to finally buy shirts that fit slim and well on me instead of all loose in the arms and waist
jogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #76
kowei

I meant his idea of fashion in general and especially his possible approach to womenswear. Inverted commas were there because I almost directly quoted him from a French interview ; and thanks god we can't summarize his Dior work as a whole with "playing with genders" and "he took stuff from scenes that influenced him".
Old 06-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #77
alex.a

I think some people will be sad about this one

http://news.style.com/view/2293776/

Those who were eagerly hoping to see the creative work of YSL’s newly appointed creative director Hedi Slimane starting from June will be heading for a disappointment: it seems, in fact, that the designer who has taken the helm of the French maison after Stefano Pilati has decided that both the Yves Saint Laurent women’s resort 2013 line and the Spring-Summer menswear collection will not be shown to the press.

Instead, the two collections will only go on show at the end of June/beginning of July to a small number of international buyers and will hit the boutiques enshrouded in a veil of mystery. Opting for this exclusive approach was Slimane himself.

Slimane, former director of YSL Rive Gauche Homme and of Dior Homme, has decided to officially debut as YSL’s creative director with the women’s S/S 2013 collection going on show next October in Paris.

We can only wait….
alex.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #78
Faust
kitsch killer

Not a good idea to turn the fashion press against you, but whatever.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
Faust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #79
michael_kard

Isn't that what many 'SZ' brands do? I.e. showroom only, with no runway presentation.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #80
jogu

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_kard View Post
Isn't that what many 'SZ' brands do? I.e. showroom only, with no runway presentation.
kinda sorta but thats on a diff scale . hedi knows theres gonna be a shitload of hype over this and i hate that theres no show either but he probably also took that into consideration and havin no show is gonna add even more fuel to our burning curiosity . might be good for sales ? only big prob i can think of is that w/ all that fuckin hype the collection needs to be GREAT
jogu is offline   Reply With Quote