• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Girl in Carol boots, paging Merz.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DmD
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
      I would rarely dress a look with glasses,from a personal perspective but he needs them to see I assume so needs to wear them,I think something rounder and deffinatly not so wide would much better suit the look,the current ones distract from what is already a busy way of dressing,hair wise the faux hawk is just not right,I would suggest being clean shaven ,hair in real life often depends on social situation so a all over 0 or 1 might not be appropriate for his life,although I think a neat 1 all over would be the simpliset thing to go with this look,as he cant exactly just grow 10 inchs of hair!I think with this kind of look you either have very short or very long hair.
      Interesting, and I agree with your suggestions.

I have been thinking about related issues recently. Every item one choses to wear affects the appearance as a whole. If the style of hair or glasses is not consistent with the overall look, the discord can be visually jarring and the overall appearance can feel forced. It's only when every aspect is in harmony that it looks authentic and effortless.

But of course glasses, hair and head wear can also add to the coherence of a look. As an example, I think Mail-Moth's caps add that final touch to his outfits that make it look effortless.

I have found it personally challenging to wear layers with draping and I think my hair style and glasses are a part of this issue for me. I have also thought about shaving my head recently but I'm not convinced that it will look good. I think I have head-shape image issues.

Comment

• DmD
        • Jul 2010

It's days like these that make me want to shave my head.

MA+ hooded knit
        Lumen & Umbra LS jersey
        LUC j-pants
        Augusta

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

fark would pass his sister around like weed at a deep purple concert if u guys asked him to. probably should avoid telling him to shave his hair and the like.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ you may not like the way the guy goes about consuming fashion, but do you have to be this nasty? moreover that he has an actual sister.

Very nice fit, DmD, no need to touch your hair.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cmitso412
              • Feb 2010

Wow that's pretty fucked up, no need to get so personal. I don't see anyone else on here dressing quite like him and people have told him they don't like it, yet he continues to dress that way..... because he likes it not because someone told him to do it.

Originally posted by christianef View Post
              fark would pass his sister around like weed at a deep purple concert if u guys asked him to. probably should avoid telling him to shave his hair and the like.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Damn MBD,

seeing you in those Hockeyes.............i'm keeping mine,
                I have a feeling you got them from the source I got mine
                my only grouse is that they are not the structured version, as i am not fond of soft relaxed boots...........

I was an idiot for not buying the ones joey was selling two years ago and thats my biggest fashion regret..................pains me every time I think about it
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                  • Nov 2006

DMD looks fantastic, best styling of that ma+ piece i've seen...looks so relaxed....really love this.

Comment

• trentk
                    • Oct 2010

First WAYWT

Layering blacks, going for a "walking louise nevelson sculpture effect". I usually prefer aviators to any other sunglasses, but atelier's latest blog image inspired me to give black sunglasses a try: http://www.ateliernewyork.com/blog/w...2/IMG_0127.JPG

will post an image that better shows what I'm wearing for my next WAYWT...... this time, I was just too lazy to find my tripod
                    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Jonn
                      • Mar 2008

um how about a mirror for starter

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                        [giant] loss of respect.

-

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

that comment was dirty, but not really out of character, no?
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• eton97
                            • Dec 2008

DmD - love the overall look....going to have to get that ma+ hoody off you one day....thumb screws are out and ready!
                            ps once you shave your head, you will never go back. can't imagine having fuzzy stuff on top...saves a fortune in barbers.....Once a week 'manscaping'...its as easy as that!

MBD - what can i say that hasn't been said - love all the recent photos, and some of your pieces are truly amazing - you wear what looks like difficult items with such ease and confidence.....and love the CCP on you.
                            lots of love from 25degree sun in Tel Aviv
                            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                              once you shave your head, you will never go back. can't imagine having fuzzy stuff on top...saves a fortune in barbers.....Once a week 'manscaping'...its as easy as that!

this is truth.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by DmD View Post
                                I have found it personally challenging to wear layers with draping and I think my hair style and glasses are a part of this issue for me. I have also thought about shaving my head recently but I'm not convinced that it will look good. I think I have head-shape image issues.
                                DmD - perhaps there's no need to force layers and draping on yourself when the structured looks you favor from MA+ and LUC 'fit' you so perfectly.

Do not touch the hair - it looks awesome. In my opinion, if you were to try more draped clothing, it would be your facial hair that would clash - not the glasses.

And speaking of which, as a long-time member of Myopics of 'Merica, I don't think glasses are limiting. Rather, I think that having a few pairs opens possibilities: each can change a look dramatically. And yes, some won't square with certain aesthetics, but others will. (Ultimately, I prefer glasses that naturally fade into the face, so it won't be "here come the glasses!" Not all of my frames fit this criterion.)

For example:

are quite different (apologies in advance for placing non-WAYWT images in this thread -- this is meant to illustrate a point, I think.)

In any case, you consistently share some of the best fits in this thread - hair, glasses and all...

Fark Enjoy what you're wearing. I would imagine that coming from KL to London, one hasn't had much opportunity to "practice" cold weather clothing. Now is the time to play with what you have.

I am curious how you would look in something more structured: your lithe frame and geometric glasses suggest that you'd definitely rock it. You have some of the most atmospheric and beautiful images here, and I am always happy to see your contributions. Your sister is gorgeous, btw. Ignore the cro-mag above.
                                "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                                It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                                My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎