X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
    ^He's got a webstore of his own, actually.

And man! Sruli brings it every time in the weirdest way, but he brings it so well and always so interestingly.
    I've been waiting for him to reopen his webstore now 3 seasons ago. There are a lot of accessories that I want to buy but would prefer to buy via a webstore than contacting the team directly... easier to just fill a shopping cart and being able to choose all the fabrics/sizes online all in one go.

there are so many incredible works that i want.... Sruli needs to open that webstore again!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• BeauIXI
      • Nov 2008

It was a really good webstore anyway, I don't understand why he's had it down for so long. Maybe he's adding some HTML 5 elements in a full rebuild or something.
      Originally posted by philip nod
      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• MJRH
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
        ...I am most impressed by the placements of the seams.
        This is one of the two main reasons I love Mr. Recht's work, I mean not merely seam placement but specifically the darting, just look at this wonderful innovation:

...the other main reason being his excellent sense of humour. A knuckleduster umbrella, horse leather notebooks stapled with horseshoe nails, and now rifles, knives, saddles and glass slippers.

Speaking of humour, (((o, you missed one of my favourites from this collection, the boots, which I'm pretty sure are heeled to recall horseshoes...

ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• TheThief
          • Mar 2011

Sruli is a mad-scientist and total genius. His work with materials and construction techniques really push the envelope.

Comment

• (((o
            • May 2009

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
            Speaking of humour, (((o, you missed one of my favourites from this collection, the boots, which I'm pretty sure are heeled to recall horseshoes...
            Yeah I didn't post the regular product shots here but if anyone's interested I can upload them to the thread in the designer forum.
            i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• eleven crows
              • Mar 2011

fuuuuuuuuuck.

i can't decide if this is too sick to kop or just too sick. will have to ponder on the lookbook shots some more.

stop making sense: tapered.

Comment

• Rei
                • Oct 2011

Apart from all the praise, what's going on with the shoulders on some of the coats/jackets? Looks very odd...

Comment

• kuugaia
                  • Feb 2010

I think that Sruli Recht is bringing something interesting to the table, it's indeed very refreshing as another poster commented. Strange shapes and interesting patterns, something I personally love to look at - but whether or not I'll kop it to wear is another question. Would love to be able to try on a lot of the jackets (even with the fucked shoulders). But the overall I do get a very 'experimental' feel from his clothing...so it's something to see up close for sure.

Comment

I understand some people think the shoulders of the tailored pieces look strange in the pictures, but I can confirm that Sruli knows how to cut an impeccable suit. I've worked with the model, and he is pretty tricky to fit (asymetric sloped shoulder) but on other people the shoulder is completely normal, and in fact very sharply cut. It can also be a visual illusion because of the narrow lapel and the tapered waist that makes them look so big. I wouldn't worry about them if I were you.

With everything else I'm really amazed at the spiders knit and the horsehair satin and it is something I wish I could work in myself. I'm only aspiring to push myself as much as this man does. He's crazy.

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                      but I can confirm that Sruli knows how to cut an impeccable suit. .
                      based on what criteria? not the usual ones of it looking good or fitting the wearing presumably?

Comment

that's exactly it. I've seen more tailoring from him that has all been more complicated but still perfectly executed. I find it hard to believe that a regular tailored shoulder would be a problem for him.

Comment

• MJRH
                          • Nov 2006

Proof he can tailor impeccably if he wants to. Not sure what he's going for here. I love this collection but about half the (otherwise great) tailored jackets are ruined by pointy shoulders.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                            • Aug 2010

^^It looks like pieces of jigsaw puzzle put together perfectly.

I want me some pointy shoulders from Sruli Recht. There seems to be a general dislike towards pagoda shoulders in this forum. I wonder why.
                            Originally posted by Patroklus
                            Better too adventurous than not enough
                            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• MJRH
                              • Nov 2006

It looks like a shoulder-operated cog!

I have nothing against pagodas. Cursory google came up with the following. Compare and contrast:

My problem with a few of Mr. Recht's suits here is that a slight bend of the arm creates a disruptive line calling attention to the absurd overemphasis of the shoulder lines. The shoulder styling in the top image is just as over-the-top, but without looking ill-fitting; the shoulder styling in the bottom image reminds me of my first suit.

But, here I am nitpicking the only thing I dislike about one of the most original collections this season. Instead, here are some pictures of weaponry.

Comment

• Supel
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by merz
                                looking past the seriously awkward shoulder cuts permeating the whole thing (no, really) and some of the more awkwardly-fitting blazers, sruli, with the exception of carol and carpe-related folks like marvie and LUC, comes through as one of the few refreshingly-interesting folks creating today whose work i am aware of.
                                Unsure to take this as positive or negative Q? Or perhaps both

The only thing that bothers me about this is the use of dolphin skin? Seems pretentious. On the other hand silk extracted from a spiders gland implanted in a goat sounds interesting. I wonder which piece this was used on?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎