Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kowei
    • Jul 2010

I've been told 1 month ago by a YSL intern that Slimane "finally" signed the contract.

Comment

• Danse Générale
      • May 2011

I heard it through the grapevine rafs doing the mens...

Comment

• christianef
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jordie View Post
        his agent Laurence all but confirmed it the other day, its been known for months apparently...from what I heard, Hedi was somewhat reluctant for a while.
        AGENT L

Comment

• kowei
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Danse Générale View Post
          I heard it through the grapevine rafs doing the mens...
          What?

Comment

• LiveinblacK
            • Nov 2011

Well its good to hear Hedi is back, its been a long time coming. Excited to see what he is going to do. So what I have been reading that he is only doing the women's line and not men's, is that right? If so i'd be a little bummed

Comment

• kowei
              • Jul 2010

He will do every collection YSL has to offer, which means -correct me if I'm wrong- 6 per year. But I think, as he is "creative director", there will be artistic directors for both womenswear and menswear...? That's still a point in fashion I can't figure out sometimes...

Comment

• thejarc
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by kowei View Post
                He will do every collection YSL has to offer, which means -correct me if I'm wrong- 6 per year. But I think, as he is "creative director", there will be artistic directors for both womenswear and menswear...? That's still a point in fashion I can't figure out sometimes...
                Creative Directors are involved in everything, so they need a strong team they can lead and rely on as he is usually busy all the time. Creative Directors dont spend their entire day with clothes, at least when it comes to a stage where Hedi is.

Comment

• jordie
                  • Mar 2012

CD's are in everything - he is directing the creative aspect of the label.

Raf to christian dior sounds nice too!

it will be a dark few years...yummy!
                  @huskstudios

false astronomy.

Comment

• jordie
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                    AGENT L
                    mmhmmm... :)
                    @huskstudios

false astronomy.

Comment

• trompel'oeil
                      • Mar 2012

This is really exciting..DH was my introduction to fashion so I'll always have a soft spot for Hedi. Has anyone heard any rumors about where Stefano Pilati might end up?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Too early for that, but I am sure he won't go jobless. Vionette, Nina Ricci, Rochas, Loewe - there is no shortage of suits wetting themselves at the prospect of reviving dinosaurs.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ES3K
                          • Oct 2008

If Karl wouldn't be immortal, Pilati would be perfect for Chanel, IMHO.

Comment

• kowei
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by thejarc View Post
                            Creative Directors are involved in everything, so they need a strong team they can lead and rely on as he is usually busy all the time. Creative Directors dont spend their entire day with clothes, at least when it comes to a stage where Hedi is.
                            Well, to ask something maybe more definite: is he going to draw any garment?

Comment

• kowei
                              • Jul 2010

I'd love to see Simons at Dior to face Hedi Slimane. 2 big French houses. 2 menswear designers who used to be called "rivals" in the past. LVMH vs PPR.

But I'm not really sure Slimane is able to design womenswear. His idea of fashion was more "playing with genders", or translate his menswear for women. What could suit him in my opinion is a show with both genders, like the "séances de travail" Helmut Lang used to do, without any real difference in term of global esthetic between men and women.

Still pretty exciting. I love fashion
                              So! last rumors talk about a show including both womenswear and menswear in September, during Paris' womens fashion week. I seriously can't wait.
                              Last edited by kowei; 04-28-2012, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• jogu
                                • Jun 2009

Slimane is able to design womenswear. His idea of fashion was more "playing with genders"]
                                what ? idk bout that . part of the huge appeal of dh to me was the stuff was what i wanted high fashion to be , he took stuff from scenes that influenced him ( some that i liked also ) and brought it to a luxe level and added some nice details to everythin . maybe to a mainstream audience it was like omg thats new and fresh but not rly . boys been wearin skinny stuff for a long ass time before dh , and lots of the boys in some of those subcultures are just skinny . and best of all the clothes fit real fuckin good on me for a change , it was nice to finally buy shirts that fit slim and well on me instead of all loose in the arms and waist

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎