X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eton97
    • Dec 2008

Will be fun to vibram...
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• teenagelightning
      • May 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      presented without comment:

It's way too late to do it now but did anyone ever make a galliano newspaper print that had articles about his racist tirade

Comment

• nahneun
        • Feb 2011

fail hakama pants by kva

Comment

• Supel
          • Apr 2011

^ Ah, I actually quite like those CCP boots (on women of course). I've seen those in the bone colour-way, and when dressed correctly they look fierce . The only concern I would have is being able to walk, especially on something like cobblestone.

Comment

• Phantom
            • Mar 2011

yeah, i guess boots are made for walking. these arent, though i dont know the main purpose of that sole was in a historical perspective.

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
              you're right to laugh because the women who can wear these will never ever look at you
              i'm not following you? the boots are really bad, in that particular way that CCP can be...way too literal, like pat is implying. frankly, i've seen better interpretations of that particular style from artsy "comfort" shoe manufacturers aimed at "quirky" pottery professors or someone of that sort.

if i am missing something, please enlighten.
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Arcane
                • Jul 2008

I like the idea of the CCP boots but to be quite honest, it's not very well executed. Looks more like someone modified them on their dining room table with a kitchen knife and permanent marker.
                Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                  I like the idea of the CCP boots but to be quite honest, it's not very well executed. Looks more like someone modified them on their dining room table with a kitchen knife and permanent marker.
                  if you are referring to the pic above then yea the sole is weird with the asian stilt thing going on but in general CCP tornados and side zips are prob one of the best executed boots out there, quality is insane, thick leather, what else would you want.

the above boots would be great w/out the stilts, one can always saw the stilts off and vibram

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post
                    i'm not following you? the boots are really bad, in that particular way that CCP can be...way too literal, like pat is implying. frankly, i've seen better interpretations of that particular style from artsy "comfort" shoe manufacturers aimed at "quirky" pottery professors or someone of that sort.

if i am missing something, please enlighten.
                    well, i'm sold to his work so i can see the beauty of this awkward attempt to feminize the spiral boots (in the last collection he went back to the classic sole for the fe-male tornados which become too close to the male version but that's another story). plus there are other plays on the japanese classic garments in the 09 collection where these boots come from. anyway, i see your point and patroklus's and can agree to some extent. the point of my post was a meta-wtf, not about the shoes but about the original poster.
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by teenagelightning View Post
                      It's way too late to do it now but did anyone ever make a galliano newspaper print that had articles about his racist tirade
                      I guess it's too late, but that would've been a meme.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                        if you are referring to the pic above then yea the sole is weird with the asian stilt.
                        Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                        I like the idea of the CCP boots but to be quite honest, it's not very well executed.
                        Always the same problem... You're judging these boots from a point of view/perspective that no one will ever seen - unless one is lying on the ground knocked down by the woman who'd wear the boots and strongly disagree with that kind of stupid comments.
                        Laika : they're coherent with CCP's constant effort to design shoes and boots that are hindering the gait - more or less - and belong as well to the long list of hybrid forms he likes to create (remember something that I sent you a while ago ? ).

Comment

• LOVE
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                          CCP's constant effort to design shoes and boots that are hindering the gait
                          i know the footwear is notoriously uncomfortable, i didn't realize it was purposeful. could you elaborate a little please?

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

which of the shoes are uncomfortable for you? maybe you've sized wrong.

my derbies, boots and sneakers are all very comfortable.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• LOVE
                              • Dec 2007

I don't own any. I'm just curious about the idea.

Comment

• drizzly
                                Banned
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                which of the shoes are uncomfortable for you? maybe you've sized wrong.

my derbies, boots and sneakers are all very comfortable.
                                +1 love my ccp boots, super comfy

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎