• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

WSJ on Dries van Noten

READ ME
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • aphex27
    • Jan 2009

I hate that guy...his football clothing was one of the biggest travesties in the history of fashion...

even worse, people wore that shit!

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Are you referring to Bikkembergs?

I didn't like the article. I mean, what does it really say about Dries other than the fact that he has managed his company well? And it does this in a very glorified way too.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• aphex27
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
        Are you referring to Bikkembergs?

I didn't like the article. I mean, what does it really say about Dries other than the fact that he has managed his company well? And it does this in a very glorified way too.
        Whoops! I shall blame the after office wine...

carry on...

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

fantastic article, thanks for posting. he seems like such a grounded guy. every time i read something about Dries it reinforces what a truly gifted and genuine person he seems to be. i sense these traits in his work and admire him to no end. i hope his dad isnt still pissed at him...

even if every seasonal collection isnt my cup of tea, there is always an appreciation and respect for the quality he maintains consistently, not many go to such lengths for textile manufacturing as his company does. dries is one of the few lines that i need to see and touch on the racks because i usually get a rush from them in person.

Comment

• david s
            • Jul 2010

great article.

the few Dries pieces I own I have had for years and wear all the time. He definitely has an aesthetic and has stuck to his guns, similar to Demeulemeester (some might say).
            It's absolutely Hedious!
            shy poser

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

We used to have a tradition where I would post a Dirk Bikkimbergs men's collection every season. Part laughter, part cautionary tale. I should resurrect that.

I thought the article was good. It's great to see Dries outline the hardships he has had to face.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎