X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misuse_me
    • Aug 2008

N.Hoolywood First Store In Hong Kong

N.Hoolywood is a Japanese fashion brand created by designer Daisuke Obana. The brand is known for creating quality high end menswear with edgy modern and retro-inspired design. The brand's concept is to take old things, add to them, and create something truly different. This is apparent in Obana's use of themes that mostly stem from the past. Still, Obana manges to create smart, stylish designs that are worn by a number of famous Japanese men. The brand and its parent company, also called Mister Hollywood, are gaining international attention as well as domestic interest.

The Flagship has a spacious area of 2100 sq ft, located at Harbour city.
    Already opened from 1 Nov 08.

Shop G104, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tusi, Kowloon, Hong Kong

tel: +852 27360030

Photobucket

Photobucket
    Last edited by misuse_me; 11-19-2008, 12:04 PM.
    I LIVE THROUGH OBJECTS.
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

please create just one thread about hong kong or somethin'.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
      please create just one thread about hong kong or somethin'.
      In that thread, maybe he could consolidate his posts to 1 longer post. The Undercover store thread is the worst. It's like 30 responses to himself. Seriously, schizophrenia is cool and all, but . . .
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

any special plans for a 50th post?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

yeah this is not so subtle...
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

eh, at least he's taking photos.

I always wondered about N Hoolywood. Did it begin as some massive spelling/printing error that just continued?
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Popular sperm show is by far the best brand name to come out of japan hehehe

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                eh, at least he's taking photos.

I always wondered about N Hoolywood. Did it begin as some massive spelling/printing error that just continued?
                apparently it's a play on the words Hollywood and hooligan.

popular sperm show is gold.
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

hahaha hooligan and hollywood.... only in japan :)

thanks for the info A

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

their store in tokyo is sick, one of the coolest interiors I've seen. its at the end of a small secluded street in a residential neighborhood, really hard to find. the exterior is like a store front from some old western flick. I dont have pics of the interior, but it looks like an old apartment, and oddly enough its on the basement level but has two floors.

pics I took outside:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

damn, probably the most unusual store entrance I've seen yet!

Thanks for the shots Arto!

Comment

• croatoan
                        • Jul 2007

The Mr. Hollywood/N. Hoolywood name came from when Obana was a vintage buyer, living in North Hollywood. He got the nickname "Mr. Hollywood" from the vintage dealers and it has stuck. As mentioned above, Hoolywood comes from the injection of hooligan into the name. He still has an office setup in Hollywood with a voicemail featuring rather creepy recordings.

As mike lowrey mentioned, the Tokyo shop is incredible. Apparently it was flown in piece-by-piece from America to Tokyo and Obana assembled it where it now stands. The top floor is mainly storage.

A few pictures I took in March 2007..

Comment

• Sep 2008

I'll try and get some photos of the interior of the store tomorrow. Stopped by today and it was amazing.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎