X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Urthwhyte
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by wahnfrieden View Post
    jona tends to post HQ photos on his Facebook page for InAisce. If you click "download" on a photo, you get the hires version.
    Thank you!

Was just checking to download those and noticed that they posted some showroom photos to the page as well. Showroom Photos

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I didn't notice the beautiful campaign images posted yet, so here they are: http://scoute.org/blog/?p=1104
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kuugaia
        • Feb 2010

^ That is some next level campaign images. Great to see the designer go this far to create a feel for the collection.

Comment

• ACM
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
          Thank you!

Was just checking to download those and noticed that they posted some showroom photos to the page as well. Showroom Photos
          The showroom looks incredible. Such simplicity in clean lines both in the clothing and the display. Love it.

Comment

• Prezens
            • Aug 2011

i swear my pupils dilated at first glance.
            proportions n the layering is perfectly executed.
            this guy is a master of silhouettes, I love it.
            Sound collection, clean lines all through, neat yet not plain.
            The female model was also a great choice.
            One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

really nice

i want this backpack, looks fantastic
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Umami
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                really nice

i want this backpack, looks fantastic
                I saw this backpack in Jona's showroom. It is pretty big and very functional, a very good accessory for winter.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                  • Oct 2011

Does anyone else feel that while conceptually this is far stronger than FW11 was much of the wearability that made that prior collection inspire such a visceral want is now gone?

For virtually every look in FW11 it was possible to pick out items and say "I could work this into my wardrobe with X" and envision wearing them easily day-to-day, whereas here I seem to be having more trouble. Perhaps it's just the styling is so superbly done in the lookbook that to subtract anything would seem a crime...

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

I can see these pieces working with a lot of other designers' work...especially the outerwear. I don't feel that they're so specific that they only work with other pieces in the line.
                    Though I do think that as designers hit a stride with their aesthetic, it's pretty common for the line to feel that way. I take it as a good sign that the designer is able to more specifically create the vision they conceptualize. I don't mean that to sound like artistic bullshit but as the lines get more cohesive and tighter, I think the presentations almost become more specific.
                    Originally posted by mizzar
                    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                      I can see these pieces working with a lot of other designers' work...especially the outerwear. I don't feel that they're so specific that they only work with other pieces in the line.
                      After considering it more and taking time to go over the higher res photos, I was losing the trees for the forest. When I see some more showroom photos I will probably try and backtrack and act as though I never thought anything else in the first place.

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                      I
                      Though I do think that as designers hit a stride with their aesthetic, it's pretty common for the line to feel that way. I take it as a good sign that the designer is able to more specifically create the vision they conceptualize. I don't mean that to sound like artistic bullshit but as the lines get more cohesive and tighter, I think the presentations almost become more specific.
                      I don't think it's artistic bullshit at all. Designers will create things that draw on experiences from their life; everything I've read on InAisce and Jona has indicated a strong Japanese influence and a taste for historical and fantastical references. To me, this has been been showing through more and more with the campaign images. Women's SS12 had a beautiful East Asian backdrop that made that influence obvious. I believe it was FW10 that had hinting of American Civil War-era uniforms and in FW12 I see him going farther back to First Peoples garb as it would have been had there been contact between them and Japan. The tailoring is only getting better, and all in all I'm very much looking forward to SS13 and beyond.

Well, that and a little bit of this.

Comment

• jordie
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
                        /\ Agree with pretty much everything stated. The silhouettes are incredible, per usual, the jacket in #2 and both looks in #6 particularly.

late - but i am attempting to get it all!
                        @huskstudios

false astronomy.

Comment

• nadir
                          • May 2011

Beautiful! The first word that sprung to mind seeing this collection was "pilgrimage". The clean lines, the symmetry and the layering have an incredible clarity to them.

Comment

• Stijn
                            • Jun 2011

This is an amazing collection and one thing I always really like about InAisce is the construction and placement of the seams, and in some of the looks they even seem to continue from one garment to another, creating new forms within the silhouette (left pic), if that makes any sense...

Comment

• Joker
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Umami View Post
                              I saw this backpack in Jona's showroom. It is pretty big and very functional, a very good accessory for winter.
                              Yea, I think so. But did you know what leather them made by?
                              Coz I saw that's quite strong for the shape, just guess use by cow or bison? Or not. Thanks guy.

Comment

• LEB
                                • May 2012

I absolutely love the shapes. The side views of the outfits are very interesting - actually, when I draw, I usually start with the sideview to find the silhouette.

This is my fav.!

Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎