• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Showroom review 1

Here's a short review of the visit I made today with Faust at the RO showroom.
    Let's start with the less interesting, the boots/shoes, since there's nothing really new on there, except the (in)famous crocodile and snakeskin fabric.
    The sneaks have a new shape, lower, and a new sole.

Last edited by Chant; 01-24-2010, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

those cream colored combat boots are really striking. christian did you examine the leather on these? i hope it's a softer calfskin like ss08.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
        I'l agree its better than i expected.
        Im glad he is moving away from such sportswear, the fabrics look great the colours too.

The only thing i will and would buy is one of the long coats (preferably the knitted one) like someone seam before its slightly LUC but i think in between carols tailoring and labels softer more organic fabric. The colar design and the proportions in the coat are good i like the rounded hem. Right now i want to know the price ?
        Overall i feel this collection is more subtle and less aggressive only a good thing in my eyes.
        The gold, fur, crocodile, snakeskin are all ricks elements of fun, otherwise this collection would be too close to be something churned out for a mass market (jil,prada,raf... the browns customer)

My only vice is that rick is so loved any piece i buy from him, i will know others with it and il see it all over the place...waywt. He floods the fashion market which is why i have lost touch with him.
        People taken on the rick look and i guess i rarely see it out of context, it doesn't mean he is a bad designer. But i see many people wearing it badly, but a few who really wear it great. It is hard when wearing rick to show your own personality because his designs are bold and strong. But with this softer collection and less architectural it has more ability with the pieces on their own and i guess less of a runway look.
        But maybe this collection is slowly winning me back.
        stop hanging out with mr.beuyes
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I talked to Rick for about half an hour today. He said some very interesting things about the collection. We started talking about runway as theater, and he said that while he appreciates the spectacle of it, the show is not the "hardcore" part, and that it's much more "hardcore" for people to wear this stuff. Which is awesome and why I love Rick :-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

did you talk about the "trans gender" aspect of his work? I think that part of his work is getting way too little attention, as this is the first reiteration of heels and skirts i've seen that actually can appeal to "straight" men, at least in my eye. there's so much noise about the leathers and sneaks, but not whatabout is his truly unique aspect.

Comment

OOH, the wedges have the shark fin/spikes on the back, just like the womens Aw08 has. I just spotted it in scoutes pictures. thanks lowrey! This is so much like that collection too, with the bronze and the powdery brown palette..

Comment

• cuddly
                • Sep 2007

i like the use of snake skin look to the boots/shoes,but don't know if i could wear it long term.

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Rick actually cuts a mean blazer. Unfortunately, the only jackets people associate him with are made of leather. Speaking of which, there'll be plenty on offer in pre-collection, as always, for those of you asking where all the leather jackets went. Runway's not the place to look for them–unless you're Lenny Kravitz. Aside from the pants, underpinnings, and some of the simpler jackets, it's really the pieces you'll likely never see people on the street wearing that comprise the majority of what makes it onto his runway. That's why it's called a show. And yet without a single grunge-space-warrior in sight, he still managed to put a hell of one on.

Summary:

Yes:

Not so much:

(You're still my favorite, Rick. Even if some of your pieces are so shiny I can see my reflection in them).
                  Last edited by interest1; 01-24-2010, 07:11 AM.
                  sain't

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

^^

Oh and Faust, that half hour conversation you had with Rick will be fodder for our coffee date when you get back. You know that, right? ;)
                    sain't

Comment

• cuddly
                      • Sep 2007

where's the sz group photo with rick? shouldn't be that hard for a photo op.

Comment

• nictan
                        • Jul 2009

like the look of the dropcrotch in this pic. is it cropped or are they tucked into the boots? and whats it made of? TIA for any info

Comment

• magic
                          • Feb 2009

patient is the answer..
                          Focusing on object details

Comment

• editevening
                            • Nov 2008

looks cropped and not tucked in. That coat has really grown on me the more i look at it...except for the black buttons.
                            #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• H-R
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                              Here's a short review of the visit I made today with Faust at the RO showroom.
                              Let's start with the less interesting, the boots/shoes, since there's nothing really new on there, except the (in)famous crocodile fabric.
                              The sneaks have a new shape, lower, and a new sole.

Did I see a pair of boots with buckles on the ankle area? Any closeup on those?

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by magic View Post
                                patience is the answer..
                                yea i guess so.

Originally posted by editevening View Post
                                looks cropped and not tucked in. That coat has really grown on me the more i look at it...except for the black buttons.
                                hmm but the leg opening makes it look tucked in, unless theres some sort of elastic band or smth holding it up.

but i really like how the dropcrotch pants holds its shape. looks soft, but yet doesnt just flop down like how most cotton ones do.

any idea when they'll hit stores?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎