X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • almroth
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
    PayPal disputes dont get you anywhere if the scam artist knows what he's doing...
    I guess this is not the thread to discuss this, but from my understanding the buyer almost always wins a dispute unless there's a tracking number? would appreciate if you linked me to some sort of information or so - important stuff to know.

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by duncan_
      sorry for the badly cropped pic..

LUC knit
      my pants
      ANN boots
      nice!

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by almroth View Post
        I guess this is not the thread to discuss this, but from my understanding the buyer almost always wins a dispute unless there's a tracking number? would appreciate if you linked me to some sort of information or so - important stuff to know.
        yea, but when the scammer's paypal account is empty, you're most likely left enpty handed.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• touchthesky
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
          yea, but when the scammer's paypal account is empty, you're most likely left enpty handed.
          I filed a dispute long ago. Baby must've emptied his account as I only recovered $95. Anyways, don't mean to shit up this thread. I just saw baby's pic and thought to myself: how can this dude come and post a pic of himself wearing some expensive clothes when he still owes me a grand!

Comment

• Test
            • Dec 2008

Pay with credit card. Even when I have a balance I pay with card. Bonus points and from everything I've heard, the card companies almost always initiate chargeback for you.

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

^^^^EXACTLY
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Test View Post
                Pay with credit card. Even when I have a balance I pay with card. Bonus points and from everything I've heard, the card companies almost always initiate chargeback for you.
                yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• jumpoff
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kofi3159 View Post
                  Scandinavians need to stick together..
                  Yeah. It really sucks being scandinavian. It's us against the world.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

these kinds of things are really unfortunate though, as it may make it increasingly harder for legitimate sellers to close a deal. potential buyers may soon be relunctant to pull the trigger on a deal.
                    I remember the not so distant Blacksuit story.

I was with a fellow SZer last week who was selling an item and within ten seconds he recieved a double payment from two seperate buyers for the item. He immediately refunded the second payee his money and send him an apology (even though the situation didnt warrant one) .................A man of integrity and honesty he is, I wish more people were like him.
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• move_ment
                      • Feb 2009

work cam:

Beat Poet Oversized shirt (Actually fits me like regular cause i'm awkward tall)
                      Claude Maus leather
                      Claude Maus jeans
                      Knit Zip Hoody
                      Warm fingerless gloves

Last edited by move_ment; 04-29-2009, 07:14 PM. Reason: wrong photoooo

Comment

• XSKY
                        • Jun 2008

THIS IS FUCKED

Originally posted by touchthesky View Post
                        Dude, wtf is wrong with you? You still owe me $1000 for that Rick Owens jacket you never sent and haven't replied to any of my attempts to communicate with you.
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        snafu, you are such a kunktease.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by almroth View Post
                          Winning a dispute doesnt mean you always get your money back. No credits cards and 0 balance in paypal = no money for you.
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                            Winning a dispute doesnt mean you always get your money back. No credits cards and 0 balance in paypal = no money for you.
                            Only partly true.
                            If you buy something from Ebay, you are automatically granted buyer protection. If the seller cannot refund, Paypal refunds it and goes after the seller. Read the Paypal protection policy.
                            The problem with message board buys is that there is no binding agreement. There's no agreement at all in the eyes of Paypal, which is why they're very lax with these kinds of arrangements.
                            They try to push people towards Ebay to enjoy the benefits of protection because, well, Ebay owns Paypal.

Go to any Ebay listing where the seller accepts Paypal and you'll see the paypal protection logo that says, 'Pay with Paypal and your full purchase price is covered.'
                            They figured out pretty quickly that scammers transfer their payments so they had to put this in place.
                            Again, that's for Ebay....I don't think you'd get any protection whatsoever on a message board where there is very little evidence of transaction terms, price, agreement, etc.
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Test
                              • Dec 2008

QUESTION: I have a member with a very low post count asking to accept check or money order. They ok'd me asking you guys for advice (whatever that counts for). They say the paypal account they have isn't attached to a bank account so they can't use it, though I was under the impression you had to attach it to a credit card at the least (false?). It actually seems that if they send check/money order and it clears, I have a huge advantage and they have no recourse.

Your judgment, SZ?

Comment

• editevening
                                • Nov 2008

this is for something you're selling? Just don't ship until you receive the monies. If it's the other way around, then I'd say no, don't buy from them.
                                #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎