Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your "holy grail" item of clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endtroducing
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
    this vest from dior; i've only seen it once on yahoo auctions, and it was in size 42P

WOW. Amazing piece.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
      i didnt realize that albert. maybe they displayed it all but only a few pieces from the collection were for sale
      was told from a friend who shops there alot and knows the guys pretty well
      btw how much were the bags ?
      would be amazing id aitor stuff turned up in the good finds thread
      I tried to find the e-mail but I must have deleted it :(

Definitely on the high side, like Merz said, it's quite possible that only a few were offered for sale. I didn't go to the store myself, but had a friend pop in and get prices/availability at that time.

A skull bag hit ebay? Daaaaaaamn
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• sbw4224
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
        How much did it set him back / where did he pick it up if you don't mind?
        I stand corrected on what I reported earlier. The SI/Aitor down parka is 2k and a bit of change at Barneys and is not on sale.

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

Pretty obvious, but mine has been the Rick Owens Funnel Neck for quite some time.

Everything about it is so wonderful. I'm going to go try it on again today, just because I love it so much.. And the back pocket is so functional! It's a perfect reason to get it.
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

if u kop, should the vendor give a % of commission to pnod?
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
              if u kop, should the vendor give a % of commission to pnod?
              We'll find out next Thursday, I guess.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
                • Sep 2006

I know I'll probably be moved down three pegs in the SZ annals of Honor for this, but do you REALLY want to know what would be my "holy grail" piece? It's one of those full-length crocodile trenches with a sable fur collar that Valentino puts out every few years. You know, the ones that nobody except Andre Leon-Talley can actually wear and that cost more than a year of schooling at Harvard. The last one I recall saying, "WOW!" over was back in A/W 05 (I think that was the season... anyway, it was the Valentino "air lines" collection).

I just think that's the sort of garment that you could "Wear this... and die." Where else could you go after a coat like that? :)

Comment

• J_J
                  • Apr 2008

^^
                  here's one to add to your list: a Rick Owens ankle-length black python trenchcoat. not certain what collection it's from, but it is breathtaking.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rach2jlc View Post
                    I know I'll probably be moved down three pegs in the SZ annals of Honor for this, but do you REALLY want to know what would be my "holy grail" piece? It's one of those full-length crocodile trenches with a sable fur collar that Valentino puts out every few years. You know, the ones that nobody except Andre Leon-Talley can actually wear and that cost more than a year of schooling at Harvard. The last one I recall saying, "WOW!" over was back in A/W 05 (I think that was the season... anyway, it was the Valentino "air lines" collection).

I just think that's the sort of garment that you could "Wear this... and die." Where else could you go after a coat like that? :)
                    John, SZ respects pimping. Would you really wear it or do you admire it more as an object?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by J_J View Post
                      ^^
                      here's one to add to your list: a Rick Owens ankle-length black python trenchcoat. not certain what collection it's from, but it is breathtaking.

Knowing what a single python skin costs and really just how little usable material you get out of one, I can only imagine what that coat costs.... although inevitably it'll be less than the inducing pricing of a Hermes leather jacket in croc.
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• rach2jlc
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        John, SZ respects pimping. Would you really wear it or do you admire it more as an object?
                        Oh, definitely it would be more admiring than actually wearing; it wouldn't fit at all with my wardrobe, but there is just something so very tactile about crocodile and sable and especially when it's done in a very classical medium and color (like a dar brown trench, or a black or oxblood full-length coat) that makes me feel like I ought to TRY to find occasions to make it work.

Nevertheless, it's about number 48 out of a list of 50 things I really need to purchase, just after "house in the Maldives" and just before "Maserati Convertible." haha

Comment

• surver
                          • Oct 2007

mastermind japan x roar blazer

Comment

• pipcleo
                            • Jan 2007

i understand not this unending discourse with skulls

Comment

• maldoror
                              • Jun 2007

^ please see: hamlet.

Comment

• zeitgeistist
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2007

RICK OWENS F/W SCUBA LEATHER JACKET... BE-YOND HOLY for right now anyways haha

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎